About feature requests

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Gustav Göransson

Post by Gustav Göransson » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:30 pm

errik wrote:I know this isn't the place for it, but the link is broken.

I would really like it if you could have the option to hide groups when in sculpt mode- it makes it extremely difficult to sculpt accurately when there is another part of the model in the way
You can hide parts of the mesh using Shift+Ctrl+LMB

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual/SculptMode

phareon

Rotation Origin

Post by phareon » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:14 pm

Hi,

I thought of a new feature which could be described as "origin layer" or "ghost edit-mode".
The idea is that you have your unrotated model. Then, before you start rotating it, you say Blender that it sets the current rotation as "origin rotation".
After that you rotate your model to the desired angle. Now, if you want to edit your rotated model or even add things to it, you press TAB or something and go back to the "origin rotation", where your model is unrotated. Then, you do the changes (with the advantages of the unrotated model) and when you're finished, you do "apply" the changes.
Then the model will go into its rotated state with the new changes.

So, you have always an "origin model" and an "edited model" but if you change the "origin model" it will affect the "edited model".
I think this idea is old but effective.

I already know of the "local axis" of an object which can be edited by double-stroking the key you want (e.g. G+XX, R+YY etc.) - but it doesn't work if you have selected a group of objects. Then (which is totally correct) every object will move on its local axis.

So far.

PsychoBob

Post by PsychoBob » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:15 pm

I had originally posted this here, but wanted to post the text of my thought in this stickied thread...

Greeting everyone!

First, and foremost, I want to give a heart-felt thank you to the team of developers and testers who have made Blender the product it is today.

I had a thought I wanted to put out there:

Currently you can only allow spot lamps to create a conical spread using the "SpotSi" parameter. Is it possible to make the spread of a spots adjustable on both an X and Y axis (i.e. "SpotSiX" and "SpotSiY"?)

I think this would really help those of us who build out lighting rigs for sci-fi spaceships quite a bit - help to focus the lighting where it needs to be without having to much light "spill" into unintended places...

Many thanks for your consideration,

Eric "PsychoBob" Clark
AKA "GuitarEC"

FreakyDude

knife again.

Post by FreakyDude » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:07 am

Since the links are indeed boken, I figured I'd also post my idea here.
What if the knife tool had another option to use alt as a modifier key so that you could define a third point as to form a face, so you would cut along an infinite plane, instead of an infinite plane aligned to the view you are in. and since you can already snap to point with ctrl, you can snap precisely to a preexisting face to cut very precisely.
Instead of alt, it could also be just a new cutmode under the K or shiftK hotkey, or instead of holding down both alt and ctrl, you cut just use P for plane cut once in knife mode, like S is used for smooth on certain actions.
Thoughts please...

Link to an old script that kinda works but this but has bugs:
http://blender-archi.tuxfamily.org/Image:Knife_color.py

yorik

numeric input in loop subdivide (CTRL+R)

Post by yorik » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:35 pm

A small thing that would be a HUGE help for precision modelling: to be able to enter numeric values while doing loop subdivide with ony one cut, the same way as other functions that accept numeric input.
Currently a numeric value appears in the header, but you have no way to enter numbers...

FreakyDude

Re: numeric input in loop subdivide (CTRL+R)

Post by FreakyDude » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:56 pm

yorik wrote:A small thing that would be a HUGE help for precision modelling: to be able to enter numeric values while doing loop subdivide with ony one cut, the same way as other functions that accept numeric input.
Currently a numeric value appears in the header, but you have no way to enter numbers...
Seconded....

ghost6680

Post by ghost6680 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:39 am

broken wrote:Argh! Just to stop this from getting out of hand, this sticky topic is not meant as a place to post feature requests. We already have this facility in the feature requests tracker which is what this topic is supposed to direct people to. Please use it ;)

Cheers

it reads:

Error
ArtifactType: Invalid ArtifactTypeID
Ghost

Vextor

Script Node

Post by Vextor » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:58 am

How about adding script nodes that would allow for extensions to the noodle toolset. The script node would take as input the name of the script to bind to and would automatically display all relevant input fields for the script.

For instance, a script node could be used in a noodle chain to take a color input, pass the data to an external application (e.g. GIMP, ImageMagik, etc) for processing, return the result to the script node, and output an updated color value.

jesterKing
Site Admin

Re: Script Node

Post by jesterKing » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:04 am

Vextor wrote:How about adding script nodes that would allow for extensions to the noodle toolset. The script node would take as input the name of the script to bind to and would automatically display all relevant input fields for the script.

For instance, a script node could be used in a noodle chain to take a color input, pass the data to an external application (e.g. GIMP, ImageMagik, etc) for processing, return the result to the script node, and output an updated color value.
See the PyNodes project: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/PyNodes
and the svn

/Nathan

terrywallwork

Post by terrywallwork » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:27 pm

Please, assuming that it is not a bug with my system, would it be possible to add angle display support between 2 connected edges when they are not a face. Ie if I create a plane with a face it displays angles fine. If however I make a plane and then delete one of the vertice so that It no longer has a face but a 3 section polygon the angles then don't display. I am using blender 2.45. On both linux and windows. And the result is the same with either hardware acceleration turned both on and off.

bbjam

Post by bbjam » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:55 am

well the feature req. thing still dose not work so here I go:
  • node pass out put: Inseted of just color and alpha the mat node tree should be able to write to all avalibal passes

User passes: You should be able to difine your own passes of any type (int, color, gray-float, vector 2(UV), vector3(normal), vector4(speed))
that would be FTW :D

Azrael

Feature Request - Border Edge Color with toggle on and off

Post by Azrael » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:09 pm

Feature Request - Border Edge Color with toggle on and off

This would be great to have this option for retopologizing meshes while in wire mode. We could put this in the Draw button menu.

Azrael

Feature Request - Extrude Region along normal Default Behavi

Post by Azrael » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:28 pm

Feature Request - Extrude Region along normal is Default Behavior

Azrael

Create a Face by Dragging the corner vert.

Post by Azrael » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:46 am

Create a Face by Dragging the corner vert.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:44 pm

Make "smooth" work with retopo as opposed to current method.