About feature requests

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Loy
Location: Boxtel, The Netherlands (actually its now Netherland)

Post by Loy »

hey, i have two feature requests!
here is the first one:

1. adding a sort of library, with in it a collection of (groups of) objects.
so, a collection of object you use very often.

2. a thingy for parametric designing, which can be also used from outside blender, (programs as spreadsheets, your own programs etc.)

jorrit

Post by jorrit »

broken wrote:Argh! Just to stop this from getting out of hand, this sticky topic is not meant as a place to post feature requests. We already have this facility in the feature requests tracker which is what this topic is supposed to direct people to. Please use it ;)

Cheers
I would like too but I get a permission denied when I visit the link above. So how am I supposed to submit feature requests there?

Greetings,

th-busch

another feature request

Post by th-busch »

hi,
the feature request tracker says "Permission Denied." so i post it here..

when you are in edit-mode, it would be nice to have an option where you can switch of the visibility of the vertices that are hidden by faces, so you only see those facing the camera, this makes selection a lot easier.

elysiun threat: http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26646

sorry for my poor english

/Thomas

zygom

Post by zygom »

hello all
i have many proposition
first find a thing for permit to see uv texture in edit mode(important for morphing rvk)

and secondary a solution for the sequence editor to use many effect without make metastrip
exemple use glow and wipe effect on the same avi
and make a lifting to the sequence editor that is a presious tool

and a true undo for all not for editmode only(and more than 64 undo prefer an memory size undo )

thankx

and thank you for blender 2.34 for all developpers

theeth

Post by theeth »

zygom wrote:and secondary a solution for the sequence editor to use many effect without make metastrip
exemple use glow and wipe effect on the same avi
You don't need meta strip to add more than one effect.

Lets say you added a glow effect on your AVI. When adding the wipe, instead of selecting the AVI itself and a second strip to wipe with, select the GLOW strip (which holds the result of the glow effect) and the other strip you want to wipe into.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

zygom

Post by zygom »

sorry teeth :oops:
thankx a lot for the information :D

zygom

Post by zygom »

ah yes i have an imoportant proposition

PERMIT TO PACK VIDEO AND IMAGE SEQUENCES IN BLEND FILES
for an ALL IN ONE FILE

please i think its a very good feature a good way to port between linux and windows in one file(no path :D )

what do you think about this blender like a zip archive media :D

coltseaver

Coloring Armatures Bones

Post by coltseaver »

Hi,

already i'm mega happy about the existence of the Outliner, requested by me over 1,x year, champagne!

well, it's simple, could we have the possibility to color some part of an armature because into a complexe and full rigg' it was* pretty hard/silly to identify cleary what is what...

eg: arms in one color, chest in another etc etc

I said "was" because now with our favorite object manager we can finally work without loose hairs. :) Anyway colors would make it easier again.

Oh yeah, and if we can disable visually - with a toggle button? - the link line between a parent and it's child. (eg: hooks, empty etc...), then, it'd be cool .

well, i guess it will be for the next year :)

i'm kidding... really thank you CODERZ!

cheers

multix

permission denied...

Post by multix »

Permission Denied.

This project's administrator will have to grant you permission to view this page.

when will the tracker be accessible to everybody?

Kenden

Post by Kenden »

This thread needs a bit of clean up! :)

The feature tracker has retired (too messy).

What is now of the 'official' way to submit feature requests?

I kind of understood from the UI chat at the conference that it was:

Forum -> wiki:
- Propose an idea in the forums (in "Interface & Tools"?), see if other people like it (because it is "scary" for users to post directly in the wiki),
- If people do like it, develop a proposal in the wiki with maximum details and explaining the necessity of the change, to help developers pick it up.

Problems:

- feature requests priority:

The voting system proposed at the conference - each user can vote for the two features he wants more - sounds like a good idea as it would give the users the feeling of being involved (but how to implement this in a wiki?).
However, wouldn't prioritize the requests scare the developers away (it might look too much like work if you have a list of tasks to do)?

- keeping track of feature requests:

If you're a developer, how do you know that no other dev is working on the same feature? By talking about it in weekly meetings?
If you're a user, how do you know that a feature request has already been submitted and closed?
By keeping a complete history in the wiki (messy)?
By posting ALL the changes since last official release in a place easy to find (http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Changes_si ... 384.0.html does not have all (amasing) changes and there should be a link to it in the wiki).

- how do you inform users of this process? Writing in a sticky thread in the forum? Adding a "Feature requests" link in www.blender3d.org?

- where does the mailing list Bf-funboard fits in that process? Use it to discuss ideas faster before posting them on the wiki?

thanks,
kenden

xenithi

Re: another feature request

Post by xenithi »

th-busch wrote:hi,
the feature request tracker says "Permission Denied." so i post it here..

when you are in edit-mode, it would be nice to have an option where you can switch of the visibility of the vertices that are hidden by faces, so you only see those facing the camera, this makes selection a lot easier.

elysiun threat: http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26646

sorry for my poor english

/Thomas

uh, yeah. and prevent selection of vertices behind the visible faces. i think they call it backface culling in 3dsmax

Eric

Post by Eric »

Has been in CVS for quite awhile now...

matt_e

Post by matt_e »

Kenden wrote:This thread needs a bit of clean up! :)
You're right. I'll try and get on top of thngs when I get back home in about a week and a half. We can try and put into action some of the things/ideas dscussed at the conf.

oiaohm

Feature Request Offline Help Installer

Post by oiaohm »

Tested on windows and linux file:///datapathpython/htmlI/book1 will load from python starting either internet explorer or mozilla.

Something for the new people starting out download x file run install file and have help access from the help menu while off line.

Someone need to test mac and we are almost there.

Ie the bundleing can be done many ways at first just simple bundle ie all in one file then when advanced a downloader for sections and local installer options. Ie both stay on server.

The interface is geting good the help interface is lacking even basic off line linking.

Furture own help format? Own help browser to provide the advance features like seaching of line.

KDR_11k

Post by KDR_11k »

As a replacement for Silo's topology brush, how about the option to create a vertex on the object surface, i.e. you use it on any point of the mesh and a vertex is created on the face's surface you clicked on. This would be useful for creating lowpoly meshes from hipoly ones (for normalmapping or from scanned objects) or altering the meshflow, instead of creating the vertex and moving it where you need it you create it directly on the surface of the object. Of course this would have to work across objects so you don't have to separate a point cloud from the basemesh.

(the bugtracker is down, out of disk space)