Texture brush

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Lorpo

Texture brush

Post by Lorpo »

Hi guys,

I haven't been using blender for a while and I have the question if there is a texture brush in? So that u can select a texture and start painting with it on one of your models. Would be usefull to know for me!
Second question could you guys explain me how to use if there is one?

EDIT: I found the texture brush which is in blender but when i unwrap my model & put my texture on it the texture comes on it which is normal, but when i use the draw function of the texture brush it te textures becomes whitened (where I used the brush) so is there the possibility to use the brush with the texture on it to paint my model where i want? because i dont like it when my model is square textured ( where u see the difference between the overlaying textures).

Thanks in forward,
Lorpo

zingbat

Re: Texture brush

Post by zingbat »

I think you can use the texture paint mode on any 3D object and it will be stored in whatever texture you are using. You also need to have uvs for the object. Once you have these two things active you can start painting your 3D object with brushes like paint, burn, clone stamp and other stuff.

There was a video tutorial at blender nation just a few days ago that shows how to do this with a rock.
http://www.blendernation.com/2009/07/25 ... n-blender/