How do I add a curved surface?

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

FreshPie

How do I add a curved surface?

Post by FreshPie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:24 pm

How do I add a curved surface, like the back of an iPod touch?

How do I change the dimensions of a mesh?

How do I add a reflective surface?

How do I change the color of a surface?

----------------

I'm extremely new to Blender and want to create an iPod touch. There are plenty of tutorials for creating different things, but none of theme directly answer all of these questions.

preacher_mg

Re: How do I add a curved surface?

Post by preacher_mg » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:11 pm

FreshPie wrote:How do I add a curved surface, like the back of an iPod touch?

How do I change the dimensions of a mesh?

How do I add a reflective surface?

How do I change the color of a surface?

----------------

I'm extremely new to Blender and want to create an iPod touch. There are plenty of tutorials for creating different things, but none of theme directly answer all of these questions.
If you are new to 3D modeling, I'm afraid it's going to be a while until you can model a good looking Ipod. 3D is a complicated field and it's almost impossible to just learn the things you need for a specific task without going through the basics. Think of it like learning to drive a car - even if you only want to get from your house to the mall and have no intention of driving elsewhere, you can't just learn the specific task of "driving to the mall"... you have to learn driving in general, even if at first you can't understand how shifting gears can have anything to do with visiting a mall.

So... take a step back and do all those tutorials for beginners first. Look for starter tutorials about:

subdivision modeling (this is how you do curved surfaces)
materials (for the reflective surface and color)
and of course modeling in general.

Hope this helps!

BlendFace

Post by BlendFace » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:42 pm

I would say that if you were going to and try the best you could is just have a front top and back view of the iPod: http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprint ... le_iphone/ I think that is the best you can get... So now split it up into a front, top and side view put in the background images and go on from there... Hope I helped

BlendFace