Armature mesh problem

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

BlendFace

Armature mesh problem

Post by BlendFace » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:28 pm

Hi,

I would say I'm not new to Blender as I have used it for about 7 months now and I am really enjoying using the software but there is one problem. I have made characters before and given them an armature and it works absolutely fine it is just on this character there is a terrible problem. I have added the armature, named all the bones and parented the mesh with the armature. There is one problem with the leg bone, none of the others e.g. arm, which is when I move it the mesh does move with the armature but the mesh is really delayed and far behind! It also turns smaller and kind of squishes up. I have added weight paint and everything but I don't know what is wrong! Can you help please? :?

Thanks

BlendFace

BlendFace

Post by BlendFace » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:35 pm

Please may someone help?

agent697

Post by agent697 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:24 am

Hey, I am also having a problem similar to this...

BlendFace

Post by BlendFace » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:53 pm

I worked it out :D Ok what you have to do is when you do weight paint e.g. on the leg on the thigh make sure you ONLY do it on the thigh then when you go down near the shin ONLY do it on the shin. I worked out that I put full weight on his left leg just for the thigh and then did it on the shin. This mean the thigh bone stayed still deforming the mesh... Hope that helped :)

BlendFace