Some Probs with Blender 2.5 alpha0

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

cacartist

Some Probs with Blender 2.5 alpha0

Post by cacartist »

I have been messing around with the test version of Blender 2.5. I noticed that you cannot inset a background image to the view ports. I've done everything I could so that I could put in a reference image to the viewports where it has a "Background Image" to the View Properties tools, even if I put in the full file directories and file names.

Also, you cannot split the screen like you could with 2.49b and before.

Just wanted to ask if this is just because the program is still being worked on or not?
All in all, it seems to work alright. I only had one problem when I appended an old blender model that I did with Blender 2.49b. The program dropped out and everytime I tried to run Blender 2.5, the program would crash with a Windows error message box stating that Windows had troubles running blender and to debug, send error or cancil buttons below. In that case, I deleted Blender and reinstalled it again and it ran properly, afterwords. Probably has some problems importing old blender files. :?:

Nikprodanov

Post by Nikprodanov »

Get a more recent build from GraphicAll! When Alpha0 was released, there wasnt a proper "browse" button for selecting a background image yet. Try with a newer build and report back.