No bevel edge tool in mesh edit mode of blender 2.5?!?

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Tehrasha

Post by Tehrasha »

Not the prettiest solution, but it does work.

http://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20261

mooncaine

Post by mooncaine »

Thanks, Tehrasha. I agree, but it's good to have that. I'm glad you told us about it!

Termin8

Post by Termin8 »

It's Blender 2.58 already released! Still no bevel tool? Could anyone please clarify when it will be brought back?

Tehrasha

Post by Tehrasha »

My guess is that there will be no resident bevel tool until BMesh is rolled in.

http://vimeo.com/6430167

Until then, we will have to settle for the addons.

Inchiology

Post by Inchiology »

It doesn't make any sense why a 3D package would remove the bevel tool and expect a modifier to replace it. It is like removing the extrude tool and expecting a modeller to use modifier to model.

Whose brilliant idea was that? lol

Please put this back in. I have stuck to using blender 2.49b because of this. Adding the loop cut back to the Ctrl+E menu would also be much appreciated.

Thanks

ldo

Post by ldo »

The Bevel modifier not only works, you can control its strength on a per-edge basis, among other ways, by using the Weight limit method, and assigning a bevel weight to each edge.

Go into edge-select mode, and in the Properties shelf (N-key), in the Transform panel, you will see editable “Crease” and “Bevel Weight” settings appear every time you select an edge.

ldo

Post by ldo »

Well, you have your wish! With the merging of BMesh into trunk today, you now have a Bevel function that works on any selected edge or face. Apply it, then just the amount and the recursion level as you like.