StickyBoards? CorkBoards?

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

southpawami

StickyBoards? CorkBoards?

Post by southpawami » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:31 pm

Okay... I'm somewhat confused. I used the UV Image Editor to create new images and drew them up with my Bamboo drawing tablet. Where's the StickyBoard or CorkBoard to drag and drop for placing and rearranging the pictures I draw for storyboarding? Does it exist in blender? I mean... blender seems to have everything... so, just wondering where this thing is hiding.

Thank you very much for your help.

joeri

Post by joeri » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:57 am

I'm puzzled as to what you think blender is for.

southpawami

Post by southpawami » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:42 pm

joeri wrote:I'm puzzled as to what you think blender is for.
Well.. it's not about what I think that blender is for... it's what I'm trying to do with blender. I am learning to model, animate, and use the sequence editor presently. After finding the ability to make images and draw on them with my tablet, it seemed like I could draw up ideas and storyboard them too.

My teacher has told me to use blender for modeling and project messiah for everything else which of course I'll learn how to do.

It just seemed.. especially after finding out that the same movie that imported for my video editing class imported into blenders 2.56a video sequence editor, that blender might be capable of pre and post production of small animations I'd like to work on. Hence... this is part of the pre production. The sticky board that I can't find is the only thing that seems to missing from my pre part, as the text editor and uv/image editor is there, so I figure it's in there somewhere.

stiv

Post by stiv » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:29 pm

Blender has been used for creating story boards and animatics (for SpiderMan 2, in one notable case). But there is no magic Story Board button. Google is your friend here.

joeri

Post by joeri » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:50 pm

southpawami wrote:
joeri wrote:I'm puzzled as to what you think blender is for.
that blender might be capable of pre and post production of small animations I'd like to work on. Hence... this is part of the pre production. The sticky board that I can't find is the only thing that seems to missing from my pre part, as the text editor and uv/image editor is there, so I figure it's in there somewhere.
I see.
I guess you could use the node editor as a sticky board.
But its really not made for that, so its probably not a good idea.

Blender has no storyboarding tools, not in the sense of having a desktop with stickies holding an image. You might wanna look into Celtx for that.

But you can create 3d scenes and create a moving storyboard with thoose scenes. Or; import your drawn images as images in the sequence editor and make a moving storyboard with that.

southpawami

Post by southpawami » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:53 pm

joeri wrote: Blender has no storyboarding tools, not in the sense of having a desktop with stickies holding an image. You might wanna look into Celtx for that.

But you can create 3d scenes and create a moving storyboard with thoose scenes. Or; import your drawn images as images in the sequence editor and make a moving storyboard with that.
Great idea :-D

Thank you for the Celtx reference, downloaded it.