Numerically edit vertex position

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Firestryke31

Numerically edit vertex position

Post by Firestryke31 »

I'm pretty new to Blender. I normally use C4D 9 but am trying to get away from it for several reasons. I'm loving the easier to use UI, but there's one thing I can't seem to find that I used all the time in C4D: Manually editing the vertex position.

What I mean is a little box that contains 9 text fields, one set for XYZ, one for YPB (if multiple verticies are selected) and one for LWH (also for multiple verticies). I could probably do without the rotation or scaling parts, it's the editing an individual vertex's position that I miss.

As far as I can tell, the closest thing Blender 2.56b has is the Transform menu in the Object 'tab' in the Properties panel, but that applies to the whole object rather than just a single vertex. The way C4D's acts is pretty uniform between if you have a few verticies selected, a couple of faces, or an object; it doesn't particularly care.

My question is, is this feature somewhere in Blender 2.56's UI? If not, adding it would be a wonderfully powerful feature.

Nikprodanov

Post by Nikprodanov »

N-key panel on the right:

Firestryke31

Post by Firestryke31 »

Wonderful, thank you. Now I just have to figure out how to put that panel along the bottom instead of the side...

skim

Post by skim »

Firestryke31 wrote:Wonderful, thank you. Now I just have to figure out how to put that panel along the bottom instead of the side...
AFAIK that's not possible, but what you can do is this:

* split the view and create another 3D view below
* make it small so it just shows the numeric editor

Should do the trick.

bw,
Skim