How do I walk around in an animation/ render?

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Nicxsonn1452

How do I walk around in an animation/ render?

Post by Nicxsonn1452 »

To make my question easier, If I were to build a small town how can I go walk around in it. Do I need to build a character and somehow use him to walk around? I just want walk around with the keys but from a first person point of view. Please give some details because I am kind of new to this program. Thank you.

Nikprodanov

Post by Nikprodanov »

You have to animate the camera.

Nicxsonn1452

Post by Nicxsonn1452 »

Nikprodanov wrote:You have to animate the camera.
Can you please tell me how to do that?

Nikprodanov

Post by Nikprodanov »

Nicxsonn1452

Post by Nicxsonn1452 »

These actually dint answer my question =/ Say if I were to make a FPS how would I make the camera go to the first person point of view so I can walk around and view things from the characters point of view?

Nicxsonn1452

Post by Nicxsonn1452 »

These actually did not answer my question =/ Say if I were to make a FPS how would I make the camera go to the first person point of view so I can walk around and view things from the characters point of view?

Nikprodanov

Post by Nikprodanov »

I thought you wanted to render a walkthrough animation. To just move around - go into camera view (Numpad0) and enable Fly Mode (Shift+F). I don't find it very handy though, since it uses acceleration and doesn't behave like a true FPS camera.

Nicxsonn1452

Post by Nicxsonn1452 »

Nikprodanov wrote:I thought you wanted to render a walkthrough animation. To just move around - go into camera view (Numpad0) and enable Fly Mode (Shift+F). I don't find it very handy though, since it uses acceleration and doesn't behave like a true FPS camera.

So how do I actually incorporate this onto a character. So when the character moves the camera sees what the character sees

Nikprodanov

Post by Nikprodanov »

That's a question for the Game Engine forum.