Rotating Problem

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

DaveCherrie

Rotating Problem

Post by DaveCherrie »

I have a little bit of a problem. Everything was working fine until this happened. Something happened then whenever I clicked rotate this strange circle appeared around the object...

Then when I went to rotate it, for some reason it started rotating other things with it even though they weren't selected not are children of that object...

Then when I went to rotate around the local z axis, every local z axis appeared...

Does anyone know what settings I have turned on or something?

Nikprodanov

Post by Nikprodanov »

The option you turned on is called "Proportional Editing" and you toggle it with O, its icon is a blue circle in the 3DView header. This option is used when you want transformations to have an area of influence, which is represented by the circle you see in the viewport. You can increase/decrease the area of influence with the mousewheel.

DaveCherrie

Post by DaveCherrie »

Nikprodanov wrote:The option you turned on is called "Proportional Editing" and you toggle it with O, its icon is a blue circle in the 3DView header. This option is used when you want transformations to have an area of influence, which is represented by the circle you see in the viewport. You can increase/decrease the area of influence with the mousewheel.
Thanks so much! Your awesome :)