Joining Meshes

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

WREF48

Joining Meshes

Post by WREF48 »

OK, Ctr+J joins meshes so they are both editable in edit mode, but in some way they are still independent, like when I drag a vertex close to other mesh it doesn't modify with first mesh, is there any way to make the second mesh respond to first changes?

woody730b

Re: Joining Meshes

Post by woody730b »

WREF48 wrote:OK, Ctr+J joins meshes so they are both editable in edit mode, but in some way they are still independent, like when I drag a vertex close to other mesh it doesn't modify with first mesh, is there any way to make the second mesh respond to first changes?
I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to convey, but it sounds like you want to create 2 meshes, join them together, and modify one to affect the other? If that's the case, then I don't think that is possible with the current blender build. I'm not even sure if there's an alternative build to do that. If this is not what you are trying to do, can you please provide us with some more info.

Nikprodanov

Post by Nikprodanov »

I'm not exactly sure what you want to do, but you probably have to enable Proportional Editing (O-key).