render produces a blank (all black) output video ????

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

roulston

render produces a blank (all black) output video ????

Post by roulston » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:57 pm

Hello,

I am new to working with Blender.
I loaded a Blender file with a 3 D tank and just attempted to create a simple video of the tank moving forward and the turret pivoting 90 degrees during the passage of about 120 frames.

The rendered video file is created but it is completely black.

When the render is processing I see the tank moving and the turret pivoting, in case that is useful information.

Given I don't think I touched anything other than the setting of key frames and the position of the tank the turret orientation, why am I getting a pitch black video in my output file?

Thank you,
~ Allen

simtron

Post by simtron » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:18 am

Possible reasons:

1>You may have no light in the scene.
2>You might have another camera which is active for rendering but facing some where else.
3>You might have turned on the sequencer in the post processing panel of render menu.
You told that you can see the tank moving and turret pivoting.Is it in the 3d view or in the actively rendered frame??Coz if it is in active rendered frame,1,2 may not apply.

Also check output format just in case.

roulston

Solid Black Output video from render

Post by roulston » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:59 pm

I see the tank move and turret pivot in the rendering view.
The rendering view shows a sort of lime green background and the tank appears with lighting highlights from the two light sources. The camera point of view I see during rendering matches what I was seeing while creating the key frames. Looking at different information (see image)

. . . . I think I only have one camera active (right?)

With reference to the sequencer being turned on (or off), I think it is turned off, see the screen shot.

I appreciate your assistance,
~ Allen
simtron wrote:Possible reasons:

1>You may have no light in the scene.
2>You might have another camera which is active for rendering but facing some where else.
3>You might have turned on the sequencer in the post processing panel of render menu.
You told that you can see the tank moving and turret pivoting.Is it in the 3d view or in the actively rendered frame??Coz if it is in active rendered frame,1,2 may not apply.

Also check output format just in case.

simtron

Post by simtron » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:22 pm

Out of ideas. :shock:
Check if static image rendering works.If it works then the problem might be with rendering settings of video.