Why Does The Armature Pull The Mesh ?

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

abyssdoom11

Why Does The Armature Pull The Mesh ?

Post by abyssdoom11 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:11 pm

Hi, I'm New to blender and i need some help i was testing out how to use armatures so i end up making a stick man and adding armatures to him & I did it just like they show in tutorials but for some reason after i Set Parent To Automatic Weights & then enter pose mode I try to move a body part it cause part of the mesh to stay in one position and the other part to move with the armature causing it to get a stretching pulling effect to it. So I was Wondering what do you guys think i'm doing wrong & is there a way to fix it?
“He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” -Muhammad Ali

simtron

Post by simtron » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:20 am

Its due to the improper weight settings of armature.Your certain bone is influencing unrelated mesh because of which you see weird transformation.To prevent this, have a well subdivided model, adjust the weights of each bone on the mesh manually.

As you are saying that you are still a learner, you can find more information about weight painting and its importance on the internet.