Blender 2.28c quits on "load image" in Backbuf

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

ardee

Blender 2.28c quits on "load image" in Backbuf

Post by ardee »

An earlier mail in this newsgroup already mentioned a possible problem with Blender 2.28 on loading a texture. I am experiencing a similar problem with loading a background image in the 3D modelling window. Blender just quits without any warning. I am running Blender 2.28c on Windows XP.

I did not find the answer here or at Elysiun, although the earlier mail suggests that there is one.

No urgency as Blender 2.25 works fine for me.

Ringo7

Re: Blender 2.28c quits on "load image" in Backbuf

Post by Ringo7 »

I've had a similar problem with 2.30 under Win2K except that the computer goes into an instant reboot. Especially with the backbuf button (output) switched on in the Render buttons window. Instant computer reset when you try to render (F12).
ardee wrote:An earlier mail in this newsgroup already mentioned a possible problem with Blender 2.28 on loading a texture. I am experiencing a similar problem with loading a background image in the 3D modelling window. Blender just quits without any warning. I am running Blender 2.28c on Windows XP.

I did not find the answer here or at Elysiun, although the earlier mail suggests that there is one.

No urgency as Blender 2.25 works fine for me.

Carnivore

Post by Carnivore »

When loading a texture, click the small gray button to the left of the "Load Image" button. That opens the load window with no previews but it doesn't crash. I think there's no such button for loading background images though. Anyway, 2.3 doesn't do that for me anymore :)

*edit* I just noticed that in 2.3 things are the other way around :D The small button opens thumbnail view instead. How cool is that?