Space Navigator mouse and Blender 2.62 Mac?!?!?

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

pocketclouds

Space Navigator mouse and Blender 2.62 Mac?!?!?

Post by pocketclouds » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:55 pm

Hello, I've the 3Dconnexion Space Navigator but seems don't work fine with Blender 2.62 OSX... Isn't possible to use Pan and 3d rotation is linked with zoom... After the plugin I'd install the 3DxWare 10 Beta 4 also.
Please, have any idea to fix this? I'm desperate. :cry:

Many thanks!!!

Tehrasha

Post by Tehrasha » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:21 pm

Currently, you should be able to rotate the object, and zoom in and out.
If you hold down shift, you can pan along the diff axis.
Free rotation and panning is in the works.

Also, in your 3DXWare software, set a profile for Blender.
Make sure all of the movements (rotation and transalation) are set for 3D Mouse. Also, the default on one of the buttons is usually the 3DXWare menu. You can remove this, as Blender has its own internal menu for adjusting the Navigator sensitivity and axis controls.
Spacemice Wiki -- Input devices for a 3D world.
Spacemice / Blender Compatibility

pocketclouds

Post by pocketclouds » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:05 pm

Tehrasha wrote:Currently, you should be able to rotate the object, and zoom in and out.
If you hold down shift, you can pan along the diff axis.
Free rotation and panning is in the works.

Also, in your 3DXWare software, set a profile for Blender.
Make sure all of the movements (rotation and transalation) are set for 3D Mouse. Also, the default on one of the buttons is usually the 3DXWare menu. You can remove this, as Blender has its own internal menu for adjusting the Navigator sensitivity and axis controls.
Many thanks Tehrasha! I will try this solution waiting for the free rotation and panning. Bye!

Batty

Post by Batty » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:53 pm

I started to get used to Blender, and even got the Space Navigator to work ...somehow for now at least... sufficient for my work. I mapped the Flightmode 'shift f' onto the right button on the SPace Navigator via the Blender Keymapping in it's Preferences. It works out to be very helpful.

But...now I have downloaded a pre-version of Blender (2.6348xx) because the 2.63 yet lacks of the Spotlights in Cycles. How can I re-insert the Space Navigator from here or find a plugin to make it work again as long as this is my only solution for having Spotlights and Cycles?

Space Navigator is not reacting nor does it's Blender UI for SpaceNav come up by klicking the right SpaceNav Button currently, so I assume...smoething is missing..but where to get it loosly?