Coreldraw like handles in new blender

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Carrot.nl

Coreldraw like handles in new blender

Post by Carrot.nl »

When I'm editing curves I find it hard to see which are the vertices and which are the handles to manipulate the curves. In Coreldraw the handles only apear when selecting a node (or vertice). If blender would work this way it would work much clearer.
I can see how this would slow down the workflow. So maybe another colour for the handles then for the vertices would work just as fine. Just something to distinguish the handles from the vertices.

P.S. The manual speaks of 3 handles. I call the middle handle a vertice and the outer 2 handles the handles which manipulates the curves through the vertices.

Please excuse my poor enlisch. :oops: I hope I made myself clear.

z3r0_d

Post by z3r0_d »

bah, vocabulary quiz next week

"control point" the center thingie
"handle" the thing that "aims" the curve between control ponts, each control point has two

now, each handle can be one of at least 3 types
they are:
name (description) color keyboard
vector (ponits directly at next control point, results in sharp point) green v
auto (tries to make a smooth curve) yellow shift+h
custom (modified by the user) black h
straight custom (handle stays straight when modified) pink (violet unselected) h

h will toggle between the two customs.

I am not too sure about the exact names
this is from memory (and trial/error), and I would like to have put it into a table

Desoto

Post by Desoto »

Wouldn't it be better if the handles were just bigger?

Carrot.nl

Post by Carrot.nl »

z3r0_d wrote:"control point" the center thingie
"handle" the thing that "aims" the curve between control ponts, each control point has two... etc.
I know how they work. But my problem becomes clearer if you have a lot of vertices and handles and then zoom out. Every dot(vertice/handle) looks the same then. If you could see a clear difference between vertices and handles it would be easier to work with (I think). So I am not talking about how to recognize different type of handles but how to distinguish the handles from the vertices.
Desoto wrote:Wouldn't it be better if the handles were just bigger?
The size of the handles doesn't matter much to me sinds you dont have to click on them to select and eddit them. If there not to large they wont get in the way if you zoom out a little.