Blender International Translations?

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Dani

Blender International Translations?

Post by Dani »

Hello!

Since the blender UI evolved quite à bit, I'd like to update the french translation I did for the tuhopuu and that is now used in bf-blender...

However, I have a few questions:
-is it still the same system? i.e a model file that is translated and that is then compiled?
-if so, does it need to be compiled before the Blender compile, or is it compiled through the main makefile?
-are there more things that are translatable? At the moment, not all terms are translated.
-where can I find the latest version of that file?

Thanks for the help

Dani

Dani

Post by Dani »

hum... i gave a further thought :)

forget the latest question, I just need to know how I can build a complete .po file for a complete translation of blender?

Dani

fligh

Post by fligh »

koxinga

Post by koxinga »

I would like to help to translate in french. My english isn't perfect (et c'est un euphémisme) but I may be useful :)

Dani, if you need help, write me a mail...

Dani

Post by Dani »

thanks fligh, looking through the code i found out that i'd base my translation on the italian file, that was confirmed by the link you gave.

koxinga: the italian .po file is quite big so i might as well welcome some help :)
-le fichier it.po est énorme, je pourrai donc avoir besoin de ton aide à un moment donné, je te tiens au courant.

Ciao
Dani

jd-multi

Post by jd-multi »

Yeah I tried the Dutch translation, and it looks like it's 5% dutch and 95% english.