Texture paint not rendering

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Saras

Texture paint not rendering

Post by Saras »

I did the UV mapping like the tutorials and everyone on youtube said to, and texture painting works now... but it still won't render. I have a pretty cool character that I've been working on for a week now, and I'm trying to give him a skull type paint. Now I've tried just about everything the tutorials have said and I'm still not getting the results (it rendering in the final image). So if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Saras

ZackatSumoFilms

Cycles or Blender Render?

Post by ZackatSumoFilms »

Are you using Cycles or Blender Render to render the image?

If it is Blender then it may be settings in how your image is applied to the object, which I doubt if you've followed the tutorials.

If it is in Cycles you probably need to make a Diffuse material for the Object and modify the input color using the image created with the texture paint.

I hope this helps some. If not, try uploading the Blend file and I'll take a look at it.
Zack Miller
www.sumofilms.com

Saras

Re: Cycles or Blender Render?

Post by Saras »

Sorry, I'm new to blender. How do you upload files so that others can look at them?

ZackatSumoFilms

Re: Cycles or Blender Render?

Post by ZackatSumoFilms »

Saras wrote:Sorry, I'm new to blender. How do you upload files so that others can look at them?
I understand completely. This is a great way to share and/or work on a project with many people.

First, go open your file and go to File then second from the Bottom is External Data and then pick "pack into .blend file"
  • Click Save Just to make sure.
    Then use a service such as Dropbox or Box.net to upload to an online folder.
    After it is loaded there's an option to Share or a Link to the file. Copy it and paste the link into the Reply.
    Highlight the link and click URL in the white boxes below the Subject Line in the Reply
If you have any questions let me know. I personally prefer Box.net, but many people are migrating to Dropbox lately. I have both just in case. There are other services out there as well. Google Drive is one and I think there's a Mac service too, but I don't know what it is called.

To upload images, if you have a Gmail account, I would recommend using Google's Photo service under Google+ (used to be called Picasa). There you can create an album and share links to photos by pasting the link to the photo and highlighting it and clicking Img in the white boxes below the Subject Line in your Reply.

I would recommend sending out some images of what is going on first. Render out an image and capture some screenshots while you are trying to do what you want to do.
  • To capture screenshots on a PC get into the project and do whatever then when you get to an area you want to point out Press the Print Screen Button (PrtScn) usually located near the F Lock key or F12.
    Then open Paint or Photoshop or GIMP and Open a new project and Press Control+V to paste the image.
    Save it and upload it.
    You can also edit the image to crop it and/or add notes and highlight or point out things you have questions about.
This will allow you to communicate visually without having to put your project (all your hard work) out there for anyone to download. I would highly recommend this first and leave uploading your project as a last resort. It may be something easily recognized and fixed.

I hope this helps.
Zack Miller
www.sumofilms.com

Saras

Post by Saras »

I'm having trouble getting the picture thing to work, and frankly it seems too much trouble really. Is there any way you can tell me what the settings are supposed to be set to on blender render?(I've never been the best at following tutorials to the tee, so there's a chance that that's where the problem lies)