Working on Macbook Pro and Magic Mouse

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

sjprokes

Working on Macbook Pro and Magic Mouse

Post by sjprokes » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:31 pm

I am working on a Mac Book Pro with out a number pad and with a Magic Mouse (no middle click). Without a middle button and without a number pad how can I zoom in and out? I can use click option to drag around my view and I can use option shift to change the elevation, but i can't figure out a way to naturally zoom in and out with some kind of a short cut.

psullie

Post by psullie » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:26 pm

use two fingers on the trackpad to pinch for zoom in, and separate your fingers to zoom out

sjprokes

Post by sjprokes » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:01 pm

psullie wrote:use two fingers on the trackpad to pinch for zoom in, and separate your fingers to zoom out
Thank you. I don't use pinching on my mouse that often so didn't think of that. Worked well. Thanks.

harryapeman

MacBook Pro/Magic Mouse/Magic Prefs Zoom issues

Post by harryapeman » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:12 pm

I've started to have some issues with my Magic Mouse. I've been using the the CAD preset in Magic Prefs to give me middle mouse zooming capabilities. This has worked fine for over a year.

A few days ago I updated to the 2.66 release candidate, and now the middle mouse button no longer zooms. Instead it pans up and down. Holding alt+scroll causes it to rotate.

Anybody have a solution?

Thanks,
Harry
There's been time, this whole time. You can't kill time with your heart. Everything takes time.

The Josh Machine

Post by The Josh Machine » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:24 pm

Hey Harry,

Just wondering if you ever got a solution to the problem? I am having the same trouble. Holding CTRL while scrolling means you zoom, but I am just finding this method more troublesome than just scrolling!