Updating Rigify addon in Blender?

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Nextor

Updating Rigify addon in Blender?

Post by Nextor » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi everyone. I'm a returning Blender user. It's been a looong while since the last time.

I need some basic help in updating the Rigify addon in my Blender 2.66a (I'm using that version because is supposed to be compatible with some exporting tool for the Ogre Engine... I hope).
The thing is Blender comes with a very old version of the Rigify addon, but when I try to update it to the last version, not only the old version is lost but there's no new version installed. I also tried to copy the .zip content of the package to the \script\addons but it doesn't work. What the heck am I doing wrong? Gosh I hate to be so stuck just at the beginning...

Thanx a lot to anyone that would help me.

stiv

Post by stiv » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:11 pm

There have been some internal changes to Blender and the BPy API between 2.66 and the latest 2.67. BMesh comes to mind.

If you are going to use an old version of Blender, likely you will need add-ons that are compatible with that version.

Input from someone who actually knows the details is welcome.

Nextor

Post by Nextor » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:11 am

Thanx a lot Stiv for your answer, that makes sense. Then I'll try to find the latest version of Rigify for my version of Blender. :wink: