Mouse buttons in Blend Publisher

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

zarathustra

Mouse buttons in Blend Publisher

Post by zarathustra » Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:45 pm

Hello,
I am trying to follow a text and I have reached a point where I have to create a circle and squish it to an elipse. Unfortunately it reads that I should go out of edit mode, scale accordingly and then pressing both mouse buttons will result in the circle becoming an elipse. I do this but no joy, nothing happens. I am using a mouse with three buttons and a wheel. Please help as I'm rather stuck. Incidentally I have no intention of upgrading my version of blender yet.

regards zara

LukeW

Re: Mouse buttons in Blend Publisher

Post by LukeW » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:50 am

zarathustra wrote:Hello,
I am trying to follow a text and I have reached a point where I have to create a circle and squish it to an elipse. Unfortunately it reads that I should go out of edit mode, scale accordingly and then pressing both mouse buttons will result in the circle becoming an elipse. I do this but no joy, nothing happens. I am using a mouse with three buttons and a wheel. Please help as I'm rather stuck. Incidentally I have no intention of upgrading my version of blender yet.

regards zara
Hi,
I think the place for that question is at the elysiun board:
http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

Anyway, I think you can solve your problem by pressing "s" to begin the scaling, then move your mouse in the direction you what it scaled (e.g. up-down or left-right) then hold down the middle mouse button (press the mouse wheel) and continue dragging so that it scales only on one axis and so becomes a stretched circle (an elipse).
If there was a mistake in the book or tutorial I think you should tell the author of it.

Timothy

Post by Timothy » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:53 am

The option to emulate the middle mouse button was turned off by mistake in the Blender 2.31 release.

zarathustra

Post by zarathustra » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:57 pm

Thank you for the replies. It's now yesterday's problem as I solved it. Turns out is was a question of modes.

Regards Zara....