A lisp like feature

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Al-Capone

A lisp like feature

Post by Al-Capone »

Who think a Lisp like feature put into Blender would be a good idea ? The purpose would to have a setup feature to click the order of Blender fuction "such as edit, noise, rotation, duplicates, size, position" all of them. The goel would to have a script to increase comman usage and speed as well as ease of use. It would be alot like Irfanview conversion. The outcome would be a script that can be costermize yet can also keep the size of Blender small.

theeth

Post by theeth »

Like a macro registering function?

That's what Python is for (and more) though a good part of the functions are missing.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Al-Capone

Post by Al-Capone »

Yea, yea, I know that's what python is for, but we all must keep in mind of the butterfly effect. I'm not saying to replace python plug ins, just something that would make Blender more powerfull and easer, hell it can be use with python as far as I know of. It's not really a Macro, it's more of a way to excute commands one after the other. Remember, the faster a model can get done and render, the faster more will see the work and would switch over. But why not ? It would save alot of time writing scripts and loading them, would it not ?