Request: Subsurf per window

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

malefico

Request: Subsurf per window

Post by malefico » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:06 pm

This has been probably requested before. It would be nice to turn-on/off subsurf for each 3D window, so you can have 2 3Dwindows one with your model shown as polygons and another with the subsurfed version.
Probably something that work with the "lock" icon, and overrule the "per object" setting.

Just an idea.

What do you think ?

malefico.

jd-multi

Post by jd-multi » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:48 pm

Well that would be great indeed, because I use 3 viewports, a front big viewport and 2 small ones at the right, the side smal viewport and a 3D view on model viewport. And sometimes I have to click subsurf and so on to see a subsurf result, so enable subsurf to a specified viewport would be very usefull . 8)

thorwil

Post by thorwil » Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:06 pm

Interesting. One should think about generalizing such ideas. Is there another thing besides subsurf that might be interesting here?
However, the most appropiate model I can think of is a display filter.
Like 'Add display filter'. Default would be subsurf of all objects, with possible narrowing. Controls (on/off and settings for scope) would be added to the header of a view, or appear in a toolbar attached to an edge of the view. These extra controls would make it obvious, that there is a filter, and you can see with one look if it's active.

But the simplest solution would be an option in the menu for showing meshes not subsurfed. Could be confusing if set, but the user has forgotten about it.

theeth

Post by theeth » Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:35 pm

You could probably put such settings in the View Properties floating panel.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Monkeyboi

Post by Monkeyboi » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:14 pm

good idea theeth