Object-level deforms: Feature proposal

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

flippyneck

Object-level deforms: Feature proposal

Post by flippyneck »

I just completed my 'Taper & twist' script which you can find in this post at Elysiun:

http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic. ... c&start=30

This allows a (mesh) object to be tapered, twisted, 'pinched', or 'bulged' along either of its 3 local axes with fine control over the extent and region of the deformation. This is a feature present in many other 3D packages and it can be a powerful modeling tool for ertain types of object. Several folks in the Elysiun thread have said that they would welcome a tool like this in Blender. If i had the ability i would have a go at putting this into the blender source myself but the python implemenation was daunting enough for me.

So please consider my script a 'living proposal' for a new Blender feature. What do you coder-types think?

Until next time,
flippyneck

(Mention should go to __Ph__ who made some worthy additons/improvements to my initial effort in v2 of the script).

Monkeyboi

Post by Monkeyboi »

I think this is great, it would be wonderful to have this integrated. However, I strongly suggest these features should work in Edit mode, so that you could use them locally on objects.