feature proposal = 'ghost-keys-onscreen(-sometihng)'

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Clawz

feature proposal = 'ghost-keys-onscreen(-sometihng)'

Post by Clawz » Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:01 pm

i just had a crazy thought - would it be a good idea to add ghost-images of the current animation in the screen?

I'll -try- to explain more clearly; when having the default box move from left to right fore example, could it be done so that one could see where the box would be in five frames time.. and five frames in the past, sort of fading away the further it gets from the current frame... am i making sense? i feel so short of words right now i can't belive it....

-5 -4 -3 -2 -1 CurrentFrame +1 +2 +3 +4 +5

images of -5 and +5 being almost invisible.

one should of course should be able to toggle this function on and off.

Hack away at me :)

slikdigit

Post by slikdigit » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:52 pm

yup! Its called onionskinning, predates computer animation and is present in several animation packages.
While not a 'killer' feature, It can be a nice aide to animation (so long as its configurable/turn-off-able)

Clawz

Post by Clawz » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:05 am

slikdigit wrote:yup! Its called onionskinning, predates computer animation and is present in several animation packages.
While not a 'killer' feature, It can be a nice aide to animation (so long as its configurable/turn-off-able)
dang, though i was being innovative here heh - not likely, trouble is i only know blender and not other suites - so is it do-able?

Dani

Post by Dani » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:20 pm

hello,

maybe this is what you are looking for:

select an object with key frames and hit the Kkey... blender will show the object's keyframes... then you can select them and modify them (grab, scale, rot)... very useful to tweak an animation!

Dani

Clawz

Post by Clawz » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:28 pm

Dani wrote:hello,

select an object with key frames and hit the Kkey... blender will show the object's keyframes... then you can select them and modify them (grab, scale, rot)... very useful to tweak an animation!

Dani
kindof but yet not... neat feature though...

ilac

Post by ilac » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:50 pm

Clawz wrote:
Dani wrote:hello,

Dani
kindof but yet not... neat feature though...
switch on dupliframes if you want to see what happens inbetween the keyframes

joeri

Post by joeri » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:13 pm

Any programmers attempting to implement this should take into consideration to only unionskin objects with IPO's.

Wireframes or shaded views can get serious framerate drops with the whole scene being drawn from time -5 to +5 (increase of 10x of all objects).