A Few Features, i Would like to see what is possible etc...

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

leinad13

A Few Features, i Would like to see what is possible etc...

Post by leinad13 »

1. DOF - Would it possible with the current rendering pipline to create DOF effects in blender? In My opinion it would be great if it could, would really top of the renderer atm.

2. Selective Bevel, would this be possible im fed up of Beveling all my object i just to bevel certain parts.

3. Different colour verts, for different vert groups. I dont think that this would be that hard to implement. Just someone who knows the code needs to have a little go.

4. Im not sure about this one. Say you have two circles of vertices, both have the same amount of verts, would it be possible to connect them without having to do it manually. I think that this would invovle edge loops maybe.
-------------
Over to you boffins

L!13

meestaplu

Post by meestaplu »

Number 4 sounds like a great idea -- and yes, it would involve edge loops. For it to work nicely, I think it would have to be implemented as the bevel is now; the bevel shows in yellow what it will do until it is actually executed. In a similar vein, the loop linker could show yellow lines between vertices to be joined, and the user could use the mouse or arrow keys to manipulate which vertices would be linked to which.

I have no comment on #1 because I have no experience with Blender's renderer code, but 2 and 3 sound pretty feasible.

Matt
I love vector calculus at 4 in the morning.

theeth

Post by theeth »

1- Yes, it would be possible

2- That was in the plans from the start, however it was delayed a bit.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

jody

Post by jody »

4. I developed these feature in python end will be included in the next release of blenderCAD.

Jody

alltaken

Post by alltaken »

jody wrote:4. I developed these feature in python end will be included in the next release of blenderCAD.

Jody
fantastic i am definatly looking forward to blender cad.

does blendercad have the ability to work from radius's and such? rather than just verts?

Alltaken

theeth

Post by theeth »

About #4, Goofster added this feature to tuhopuu a month or so ago already.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

leinad13

Post by leinad13 »

Good at the moment with the feature i have had problems with is beveling interior faces that i dont want bevels, of course.

EDIT--
Oops i though 4 was about selective bevelling, im such an idiot.
-------------
Over to you boffins

L!13