Partical ideal with sketch.

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

leon

Post by leon »

hi Al,

thanks for the sketch: I see what you mean now! It's not so easy (given the way particles work in Blender): so I probably won't consider particle "rebirth" for now. I did take a look at the programmable particles idea, but I don't think it's really too useful for me (or easy to program) just yet... Sorry!

The path following is still a good idea though.... and I'll make a start on that tomorrow....

Cheers

Leon

Eric

Post by Eric »

Al-Capone wrote:Hey leon, here's the graph you ask for did you also look at the programmable particles idea, like use in screensavers ?

This can be done easily with a material IPO controlling the alpha.

levon

Post by levon »

the death and reborn can, but have the abillity to follow a path could be useful, but then again you could jsut use a lattice :)

Al-Capone

Post by Al-Capone »

Figure it's the IPO. By any chance would be possable to have add ons and plug ins for the particle effect and control ? I ask because I like the results of screen savers that can be program, as well as all the settings that can be program in it to effect the behaver of the particles, here's a few examples http://www.reallyslick.com/ http://hufo.planet-d.net/proj_us.php I figure it could work with python math function.

What's this lattice I keep hearing about ? Is it possable to convert some fetures that may be easer to work with ?

slikdigit

Post by slikdigit »

I hope I don't sound too harsh (I'm not trying to be) but you should research a bit the existing features before asking for new ones. that way you'll be able to better formulate what you mean and to avoid duplicating efforts.
as sources you have
the new manual
the online docs
tutorials
if what you need is not there you can search the forums and ask for help (at elysiun) to see if its been missed in the docs.
then you'll be able to pinpoint precisly what is missing and make an accurate feature request.
lattice are like 3d grids that can be animated, and used to deform or influence a child object.
try adding a latice in blender, parenting something to it (a mesh) and deform the latice
also note that tuhopuu has some cool particle work including some dynamic type stuff. You should check it out (you might have a lot of fun playing with it)
sorry if I came of as lecturing- didn't mean to be nasty, just trying to help
peace

Al-Capone

Post by Al-Capone »

That's ok, I admit I'm very ignorant, it's just that my money had been tied up lately and I wasn't able to afford the book, I'm hoping I would be able to afford it next mounth, till then I'm just going have to ask :(

slikdigit

Post by slikdigit »

no problem :) ask away.