Render Button

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

poutsa

Render Button

Post by poutsa »

Feature Request:
Is it Possible to set a Render Button Function in the Context Menue if you press the Right Mouse into the Panels...Material Buttons....Light Buttons etc..if you are in the Panels with Mouse!!
Example:if you Change as Example in the Light Buttons the Energy then if you Press the Right Mouse you see this Panel Alignment Window with (Horizontal,Vertical,Free) so my Question is it Possible to set as Additional a Render Button in this List to Render the Scene faster.

Or to Input a Special RENDER BUTTON in all the Panels...so if you make some Changes as Example in the Material Buttons there is this Render Button somewhere to Press and Render Quickly.......i hope you understand what i mean!!

Sorry for my bad english!!

Ciao

Vassilios

theeth

Post by theeth »

Press F12

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

harkyman

Post by harkyman »

You COULD do this. Or you could just make yourself a nice little ever-present window division with nothing but the Render button showing in it.

Dani

slightly hijacking the thread, sorry : /

Post by Dani »

hum.... yeap, F12 is the best solution I think, but I might be missing something here (the interests of such a change)...

However, this makes me think of something else... Couldn't (shouldn't ?) each camera in one scene have a possibility to have different output formats...

It would, basically, enable most of the F10 Scene buttons per camera...

For example, in the F9 button window, when a camera is selected, add a new "OVERRIDE" button to override the F10 settings, per camera... this would reveal other image size settings panel, output names etc in the F9 window.

And the global parameters would be overriden only when the active camera has this "OVERRIDE" button on...

A good idea, or am I insane?

;)

Dani

z3r0_d

Re: slightly hijacking the thread, sorry : /

Post by z3r0_d »

Dani wrote:hum.... yeap, F12 is the best solution I think, but I might be missing something here (the interests of such a change)...

However, this makes me think of something else... Couldn't (shouldn't ?) each camera in one scene have a possibility to have different output formats...

It would, basically, enable most of the F10 Scene buttons per camera...

For example, in the F9 button window, when a camera is selected, add a new "OVERRIDE" button to override the F10 settings, per camera... this would reveal other image size settings panel, output names etc in the F9 window.

And the global parameters would be overriden only when the active camera has this "OVERRIDE" button on...

A good idea, or am I insane?

;)

Dani
well, you can create as many scenes as you want, each containing (linked) all of the data from that one scene except having their own render settings

wavk

Post by wavk »

Hi Dani,

I agree! I've been thinking about the exact same thing some time ago! :D A lot of the settings in the Render buttons aren't supposed to be there!

I usually have a lot of camera's in my (architectural) scenes with different resolutions/orientations.

But you went one step further, the OVERRIDE button, nice touch! I like that. Not insane :D

z3r0_d: Hey I didn't think of that, that's a possible solution. /me tries... Nope, not working, that way, if you make changes to one of the scenes, you'd have to link all new objects each time to all the other scenes, that's just asking for problems, lots of work and forgetting things. And anyway, I still think a lot of buttons just belong in the camera buttons, not in the render buttons!

theeth

Post by theeth »

Create a new empty scene and use your other one as Set (first panel on the left of the Scene settings).

Martin
- John Lennon

wavk

Post by wavk »

Interesting! How is it possible to learn new stuff even after using Blender for so long?! :shock: A couple of days ago I found out the border render option. Please tell me it's reasonably new, like a couple of months :D

Thanks theeth,

theeth

Post by theeth »

It's been there since as far as I can remember. ;)

Martin
- John Lennon