Blender's interface: the best ever!!

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

coltseaver

Blender's interface: the best ever!!

Post by coltseaver »

just for saying that.

I realized that when i saw this : http://www.pixtur.de/text_maya_redesign ... ocId620622

so, we have to say we are lucky to have nevertheless the best GUI ever :)

thank you, Blender team!

cheers

gabio

Post by gabio »

:? me think about pp at cgtalk complaining about the blender interface. The problem: they want to see all the tools on the same layout. blender got a toolset and shortcut to make it fast.
tink about it, how can you edit a mesh and extrude a face? in blender it's about 3 buttons: tab-B-E. I heared some horror about SMax, didn't ever tried to confirm though.
My opinion.

ZanQdo

Post by ZanQdo »

I agree 100% :D, I have to use Maya in College and I just hate that terrible interfase. I have seen other aplications interfaces and they are not that bad but blender's UI is the best and faster

coltseaver

Post by coltseaver »

Anyway if i've said that, it's because i worked with 3D highends pkg for a while.

i often use blender without really take care about GUI (strange, especially when it was often criticised :))
sorry i've just awaked.

best GUIs (for me)
1) Blender
2) LightWave
3) Xsi
4) Houdini

just my opinion, and you don't have to pay attention to that. hehe

dandeloreon1984

Post by dandeloreon1984 »

i just haft to say that the only thing that annoys me about blender is the lack of tutorials, and annwyways here is a list of the ui's i lke hte best...

!. wings 3d
2. unrealed
3. maya

the only reason blender is out, is becuz i do not want to read hte tutorials, and there is no video tutorials... i am a visual learner.

IoN_PuLse

Post by IoN_PuLse »

There ARE visual/video tutorials for blender.

Koba

Post by Koba »

Hi

As far as I am concerned, Blender's interface gets full marks on workflow and concept but is let down by its implementation. There are many things that simply aren't logical. If the proposals here http://www.shadeless.dk/ui/ were implemented I would only have praise for Blender's UI. Till then, in my eyes, Blender's UI is second best to that of Wings.

Koba

coltseaver

Post by coltseaver »

the only reason blender is out, is becuz i do not want to read hte tutorials
Dandeloreon: it is even not a reason. we won't hold your hands to each vertex "grabbed".

Knowledges come with personal research and works.
There are enough docs/tutorials through the net, you could for example adapt no-blender's tutorials, it's not the way which is important, it is the idea.

Well i don't want to launch any debate, i just said what i had to say, and i repeat it: Blender's GUI Rocks :).

cheers

LeHomard

Post by LeHomard »

Blender certainly has a much better interface than Max or Maya, but I still say Lightwave is better. But I even know some people who think the Max interface is the best ever. Poor soles...

falkonen

Post by falkonen »

I think that there is nothing like "the best interface".
Everyone has his own favourite interface, but that doesn't make it the best.
How can you messure what is the best ???

That is just one more of these endless discussions like mac os is better than windows or my car looks better than yours...

I think Blender doesn't need to be compared to Maya, MAX or Lightwave because it dont need to compete them.
Just look what can be overtaken from these applications to make Blender better.

Anyway I like to read this kind of discussions. Dont know why ... :lol:

LeHomard

Post by LeHomard »

falkonen wrote:I think that there is nothing like "the best interface".
Yes there is. It's my favourite one. If you considere I'm a god, then you can just agree with me.
Anyone here thinks I'm a god ?
Nobody !? Really...

Well maybe you're right...