Align vertices

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

_styken

Align vertices

Post by _styken » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:42 pm

A previous post was looking for a way to align objects (which seems to be added into Tuhopou?!) But what I'm missing is the possibility to align vertices.

For example adding a sphere, select vertices at the upper 1/3 and the align them to get a perfect flat top.

How to choose the plane to where the vertices should be aligned?, I don't know, maybe to viewport or active vertex normal (if vertices has normals) or fixed x/y/z directions?!

Isn't this a good idea? (Or am I just lazy to align vertices manually)

//styken

(this might have already been implemented in Tohupou, I don't know. The feature list didn't mention it...)

_Ph_

Re: Align vertices

Post by _Ph_ » Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:12 pm

_styken wrote:A previous post was looking for a way to align objects (which seems to be added into Tuhopou?!) But what I'm missing is the possibility to align vertices.

For example adding a sphere, select vertices at the upper 1/3 and the align them to get a perfect flat top.

How to choose the plane to where the vertices should be aligned?, I don't know, maybe to viewport or active vertex normal (if vertices has normals) or fixed x/y/z directions?!

Isn't this a good idea? (Or am I just lazy to align vertices manually)

//styken

(this might have already been implemented in Tohupou, I don't know. The feature list didn't mention it...)
Why don't you try this script 'aligne_ph.py' http://hp.home.chez.tiscali.fr/re_illusion/python.htm
:)

++
_Ph_
http://hp.home.chez.tiscali.fr/re_illusion/index.htm

_styken

Post by _styken » Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:25 pm

Hey! Thanks, thats exactly what I was looking for! Hmm, now if someone could code this directly into Blender...

//styken

Goofster

Post by Goofster » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:23 pm

This is already coded in tuhopuu. Shift-s ->align

Never had much feedback on it so it wasn't ported to the official tree.

Roel

_styken

Post by _styken » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:42 pm

Hooray!

This is a must in bf-blender tree! It's brilliant! It's easy! It's absolutley perfect!

Need I say more?

//styken

_styken

Post by _styken » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:49 pm

One minor thing!

When I undo an alignment, the vertices get unselected and the previous selected vertices get selected instead.

Very annoying! But still, __put it in bf-blender__!

//styken