Multiple Scenes

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

amerithew

Multiple Scenes

Post by amerithew » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:37 pm

Hi all

I am having trouble with multiple scenes. I am new to Blender and am working through tutorials and blender files people have given me. I have one blender file given to me which has been created with 3 scenes. I would like to render a frame of the animation but when I press F12 it only renders the scene I am viewing. How do I make it so Blender will render all 3 scenes together to get the final output frame? I has had me stumped for ages now and I can't find anything in any of my documentation to suggest how this can be done. Please can someone help.

Many thanks

Andy

Katt

Post by Katt » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:48 pm

Are the 'scenes' on different layers? If so, hold SHIFT and select the other layers as well, and then hit the ANIM button in the rendering panel of the buttons window (F10).

Monkeyboi

Post by Monkeyboi » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:08 pm

I know your what you mean.

To string a series of scenes together, go the the Sequence Editor (select '4 - Sequence' from the SCR dropdown), go to Add>>Scene. Then add your scenes after each other as you please. (You can also render each scene out sepperately and go to Add>>Movie, it's the same idea.) To render it all out, press the Do Sequence button, and the ANIM.

Hope this helps..

amerithew

Post by amerithew » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:56 am

Katt - The scenes are not on different layers. The scenes seem to be independant of each other.

Monkeyboi - Have done what you suggested (I think) and that doesn't seem to work - it renders all the scenes but will only play them individually and not together.

Thanks both for your help - any other ideas?

Andy