export as .mesh

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

paulr1984

export as .mesh

Post by paulr1984 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:48 pm

Hi! I'm developing a game using Ogre and I want to use blender to model my characters. But ogre uses .mesh files. How do I export my blender models to .mesh?

I've tried a python script called ogreexport.py <http://www.ogre3d.org/modules.php?op=mo ... load&cid=3>
The problem is, i can't run this script in blender.
I already copied the script in the .blender/scripts folder. But the installation manual says to click "Scripts Window" run "Scripts -> Export -> Ogre XML" which I can't find.

I'm using blender 2.34. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:43 pm

Make sure there isn't another (old?) version of the exporter in that directory. You also may need to update the menus: Scripts Window > scripts > update menus

I tested it just now by copying the script to the .blender/scripts/ directory, and it worked well, the script shows up in both the export submenu of File, and in the Scripts Window menu.

/Nathan Letwory

ElBarto

Post by ElBarto » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:04 pm

Hey Paul,

which version of Blender you use? Do you have copied the script to the Blender script directory (on windows in your user directory: Application Data\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts)?

Anythingh seems ok with the exporter.

paulr1984

Post by paulr1984 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:52 am

hi! thanks for replying. Anyway, I couldn't find it in the scripts -> export menu even if I already updated the menus. So, I opened the script in blender and ran the script. after which, I was able to see it in the scripts -> export menu.

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:07 pm

ElBarto wrote:Do you have copied the script to the Blender script directory (on windows in your user directory: Application Data\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts)?
Unless you have installed blender 2.34 with the default settings, after which you'll have your .blender/ directory in the same directory as the blender executable. Also you might have chosen to have ./blender under %HOME%, or the old Application Data blabla dir as above.

/Nathan

IoN_PuLse

Post by IoN_PuLse » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:12 pm

Why aren't you asking this on the OGRE forums? OGRE has it's own XML export script, and from that xml you convert it to .mesh with an OGRE tool.