Blender's perspective

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Bellorum

Blender's perspective

Post by Bellorum »

Hi!

The perspective view in Blender. I've tried several other 3d-appz, and Blender has by far the most extreme perspective of them all. It's pretty disturbing when you model something by reference and when you turn perspective on it looks like a clown:/ I would like to see a way to change degree of perspective, through a camera option(If there's already a feature like this I stand in shame:). Kind of like a fashion photographer uses a tele-lense to "flatten" his photographs(No one wants to see a supermodel with a clown-nose:) Don't know if I'm making sense at all here:/
There's no such thing as democracy. There's only the tyranny of one, and the tyranny of many.

chimera

Post by chimera »

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum »

That's for the viewport. But I might want to render it too, you know? Is it possible to alter the perspective of the camera?
There's no such thing as democracy. There's only the tyranny of one, and the tyranny of many.

sgefant

Post by sgefant »

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum »

Thank you:)

joeri

Post by joeri »

Blender has lens 35 by default, so does Maya. My copy of Xsi also had lens 35 as default.
What might be bothering you is the zoom of the viewport.
Most apps have the camera view fit in the window. Blender has a default zoom of an extra 20% space around the render area. This can be removed by pressing pad + a few times.
(Btw. very anoying that there is no 'set viewport to 100%' to see a 'dispview' image on 1:1 pixel base. Or any other means to 'read' the zoom of the camera view ralative to the window.)

pinhead_66

Post by pinhead_66 »

select camera, edit buttons, select ortho