Several feature requests

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

shadowdragon

Several feature requests

Post by shadowdragon » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:34 pm

I'm sure most of you have heard of Luxology's new 3D program, Modo. If not, then go here www.luxology.net/modo
I just finished watching the tutorial on making a soccer ball, http://www.luxology.com/modo/tutorials.aspx I've gotta say, Luxology has their act together. Some of the features shown in the tutorial are just amazing. So I was thinking that it'd be nice if we could possibly see some of these implemented into Blender. One of the first ones is:

Select vertices by edge: this tool allows you to select vertices according to how many edges are attached to it. So if you only want verts with 3 edges attached, you would just put in 3, and hit select.

Expanding selection: This allows you to expand your select out. Would probably only work with good edgeloops, but if you did have good edgle loops, and had just one face selected, but you want to select all the faces around it as well, you can just expand your selection by increments of 1, and Viola! This can of course be achieved very easily by just selecting them one by one, this would just give a very quick and easy way to do it.

Macro recording: This allows you to record a series of operations. So if you have something that you need to do multiple times, but don't want to redo it each time. You can simply start recording, complete whatever operations you need to, then stop recording. Then to redo that operation.

In case you don't quite understand what I'm suggesting, all of these features are used, and expressed very well in the soccer ball tutorial, http://www.luxology.com/modo/tutorials.aspx

malefico

Post by malefico » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:05 am

Use the More and Less options in Select menu to expand your selections.

The recording thing sounds interesting though.

Cheers

shadowdragon

Post by shadowdragon » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:55 am

Oh cool, I was not aware that that tool existed :)