Feature Request Glow

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

poutsa

Feature Request Glow

Post by poutsa »

No Comments!
Last edited by poutsa on Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ch

Re: Feature Request Glow

Post by ch »

poutsa wrote:Feature Request:Glow

In the Material Buttons you can set many thinks for the Material for the Objects like (Specularity,Emit,Shaders......but not the Glow factor!)
-I know there is a Sequence Plug in so you can do something like this there:Why not to have this Option in the Material Settings Panel F5?!!
With this Parameter settings fo the Glow Factor of the Material:
a) Inner Strenght in % value
b) Outer Strenght in %
c) Radius
d) Random
e) Frequency
f) the amount of Brightness
g) RGB or HSV Colours

Also a NEW Scetch (Procedural Shader Material) in the list :Voronoi,Cloud,Stucci,Wood,Magic.....and the NEW one Scetch Material.(with Parameters for Edge factor,Animated Edges,Strokes,Bump,Aliasing,rgb colours and others (or as External texture Plug In!)

I know and i read about the Inculator will be Integreted in Blender to do something like this ...Scetch and Inc renderings...!!!!

Ciao
:lol: Vassilios
yes, that's exactly the things i would happy to see in blender ( maybe 2.36 ?)
http://www.web-play-3d.de
German site with Blender Tutorials

IanCalvert

Post by IanCalvert »

The reason glow is a sequencer plugin is because it has to be a post processing effect. With a volumetric renderer, maybe, but not in a scanline, nor a raytracer (without much difficulty).

Ian

poutsa

Post by poutsa »

No Comments!
Last edited by poutsa on Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IanCalvert

Post by IanCalvert »

It is best to use post processing, as this is why a real glow occurs. A glowing object appears to have a fuzzy outline because of the brightness and the way your eye works, so to simulate this it is easiest and usually more realistic to do it post processing.

poutsa

Post by poutsa »

No Comment!
Last edited by poutsa on Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-efbie-

Post by -efbie- »

IanCalvert wrote:It is best to use post processing, as this is why a real glow occurs. A glowing object appears to have a fuzzy outline because of the brightness and the way your eye works, so to simulate this it is easiest and usually more realistic to do it post processing.
Not exactly. This way of doing glow effect would be exact if only it was used on HDRI renders. Actually the effect consider white areas to be equally bright. But it's not the case in the real world. A light bulb and a paper sheet can be both totaly white, but these two objects have different brightness, so the glow shoud react differently. A manual glow effect is useful because with that you can virtually adjsust the brightness of objects.

IanCalvert

Post by IanCalvert »

I know, but if you use a halo, it can be obscured by an object infront of it, which is wrong. It would be better to do it before the picture is produced, but not at the editing stage.

Ian