BLENDER 2.35 - SLOWDOWN on ATI video card !!!!

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

KRUChY

BLENDER 2.35 - SLOWDOWN on ATI video card !!!!

Post by KRUChY »

help guys!

i've just changed my old GeForce 2 MX on Saphire RADEON 9550 and i've found that whole GUI, interface... ALL, whole blender has extremly slow down. Even render is slower :(. I just don't know what to do. I've installed the latest version driver from ATI and nothing changed. I've even installed Blender 2.34 and problem is the same. What can be wrong ?

H E L P ! ! !

KRUChY

Post by KRUChY »

z3r0_d

Post by z3r0_d »

I disagree, current versions of blender work with current drivers just fine for me

KRUChY, have you verified there is actually a problem with 2.35 that this fixes?

Pablosbrain

Post by Pablosbrain »

From what I've tested 2.35 includes a lot of updates that "help" the ati situation. Menus and screens are drawn faster now and make blender very usable...

However, there is also an issue with blender performance slowing down over time to unusable speeds. My system at home with an AGP ATI Radeon 9700 Pro works great with the latest ATI drivers and Blender 2.35 with no slowdown noticable. But my laptop at work with an integrated ATI Radeon 9600 Mobility works fine for a few minutes untill I start doing real work in blender, then it incrementally gets slower and slower till I have to close it out and open blender again. This happens fairly quickly on my work laptop.. usually about 5 to 10 minutes into working.

The solution that KRUChy links to works for my work laptop though. And is a reasonable solution to use. Still it is something that should be looked into further for future versions. Until the cause is figured out and the need for the above linked solution is removed we will continue to recieve posts along these lines.

Though... I have to say congratulations to the coders on the current solutions they have been able to implement already. Its making it easier and easier to use for all those with ATI integrated chipsets in their laptops! Thank you coders!

sten

Post by sten »

a tip...

in Renderbuttons (F10)

try to set the ' rt ' key to 2 instead of 0

and safe it as usersettings CTRL+U

did it get any better ?

Samjh

Post by Samjh »

I'm using a 9600XT with Catalyst 4.9 driver. It works perfectly fine.

This sounds like an issue with your particular card, and not ATI cards in general.

Pablosbrain

Post by Pablosbrain »

I also have a second work machine that has an ATI Radeon based card which is a 2ghz machine 1gig of ram and it also has this slowdown effect. I haven't tried copying the atioglxx.dll onto that machine yet... it may fix it for that machine as well. But I know t's not a single card issue as there are others over at elysiun.com have the same issue.

theeth

Post by theeth »

ztonzy wrote:a tip...

in Renderbuttons (F10)

try to set the ' rt ' key to 2 instead of 0

and safe it as usersettings CTRL+U

did it get any better ?
The rt isn't saved with the user defaults.

I have the same problem and had to hardcode it.

However, if this seems to help more people, it can probably be turned in a user setting.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Pablosbrain

Post by Pablosbrain »

What is the rt?

theeth

Post by theeth »

It's a dummy value used for debugging.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

KRUChY

Post by KRUChY »

I downloaded catalyst 4.11 and blender didn't went ok, it was still slow, but after copying atioglxx.dll to my blender dir blendi just went in superspeed, and now everything is OK.

In link that i've posted people said that only catalyst 3.9 works fine, but on my comp catalyst 4.11 works fine.

OH HAPPY BLENDI DAYS :!: