Split Blender Window

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

mikolaskova

Split Blender Window

Post by mikolaskova »

Hello.

I'm using Blender with Mac OS X and would like to use it on two Monitors. Is there a possibility to split the Blender wndow? (to place some views on the left and som on the right monitor)

Thanks.

Adriana Mikolaskova Nautsch

hello

Post by hello »

If you have a 2 or 3 button mouse, you can right click on borders of each part of the windows to split them or join them. For a one button mouse, you should be able to alt click. What I did was get rid of all the subwindows with join. Then I right clicked at the bottom of the whole Blender window and split it there. From this point, add all the windows you want.

joeri

Post by joeri »

You can save and make new settings under the pop-up in the top that begins with SCR:

lukep

Re: Split Blender Window

Post by lukep »

mikolaskova wrote:Hello.

I'm using Blender with Mac OS X and would like to use it on two Monitors. Is there a possibility to split the Blender wndow? (to place some views on the left and som on the right monitor)

Thanks.

blender works on 2 monitors setup, but allocate enough video memory only for the size of the main monitor (the one with menus). You can encounter problems if one of the sub-window exceed this size. But you can spawn the sole blender window on the monitors.

What i usually do is to place the blender window on one monitor and the render one on the other.

mikolaskova

Post by mikolaskova »

Thank You for the help... But maybe I have to ask again:
I know how to split one view into different views... that is no problem. But I wonder whether there is a possiblity to place these views on two monitors?

(For example: side, front, top and some userdefined view on one monitor and the camera view on the other...)

(As it works with the render-Window, which is a separate window from the beginning)

joeri

Post by joeri »

Blender GUI sits in 1 window. So the answer is no.
You cannot split the blender GUI in more then 1 (OS) window.
A forum search will guide you to discussion on this topic.
Issues are: different display sizes, hardware acceleration, effort vs users.