Feature Request: Status Bar *EASY/description inside*

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Ezekiel7

Feature Request: Status Bar *EASY/description inside*

Post by Ezekiel7 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:19 am

Hello Everyone,

Just joined the blender community and heres my idea, shouldnt be too hard.

ok, since I am starting blender some of the stuff is a little confusing with all of the tutorials different versions and python 2.4 not being compatiable*python 2.23 is*

OK, ya know how on I.E. and most browsers there is a status bar in the bottom left corner, everytime you go over a link it shows what the link address is.

If you could build a mouse-over script that would display what your mouse is over, and output it into a box, maybe between the 3D-View Header and the Buttons Header that would probably greatly help beginners and advanced users, ofcourse it would be treated like a header, exit - top ? bottom- all of that?

Anyone up for it ?

Sincerely,

Me - The excited newb(to blender)

halibut

Post by halibut » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:51 am

Yes good idea I think. What might be easier is a shortcut (alt key?) or a setting that makes all tooltips display after 0 seconds (a sort of learning mode).

mzungu

Post by mzungu » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:41 pm

Along these lines, a feature of Wings3D that I like is that it keeps a counter of the number of items you have selected in its status bar, even giving the names of them, up to a certain number, 4, I think. I would just like to sometimes know how many verts/lines/faces I have selected in edit mode, or how many objects I have selected, etc. It makes it helpful when selecting/deselecting to keep a running tab and keep unwanted selections from being included in a given operation.