Feature Reque/Idea - Middle Mouse Button controls Camera

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Post Reply
Ezekiel7
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:08 am

Feature Reque/Idea - Middle Mouse Button controls Camera

Post by Ezekiel7 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:37 am

I dont know about you but the Camera is a B***h to use*no offence* its hard to get the image to the right place, a great help was the tracking, but another good feature would be to control the camera like you do with the other 3D-Views with the Middle button, and instead of it rotating sideways(sideways meaning 45 - 90 degs.)

also to make the camera actually zoom in with the mouse wheel, not just the screen, and this would be an option or preference... I think it would help?

Any feedback?

or help me with the camera?

joeri
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:41 pm
Contact:

Post by joeri » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:38 am

I have no problem with the camera.
And I'm not to interested in how other software performs. Or how your opinion is on how other software performs: Modo also has a rotation ball camera, works just fine. O wait, now I'm mixing up camera and viewport, but maybe so are you?

Ezekiel7
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:08 am

Post by Ezekiel7 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:57 am

thats what im wondering about? How can I get the camera to rotate while im in that view? I have learned the G 'key' in the camera view, but the rotation rotates it on its side... and I didnt say anything about other software.... didnt mean to offend anyone... so how do I access a rotation camera like the Viewport?

I meant in the camera view (NUM + 0)

joeri
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:41 pm
Contact:

Post by joeri » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:09 am

Try middle mouse after the camera is in rotation mode. Is that what you'd expect?

"didnt mean to offend anyone" :) Don't worry about that.

Ezekiel7
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:08 am

Post by Ezekiel7 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:36 am

thats exactly what I was looking for! THANKs ^_^ ...well I guess I wont apologize so much ;);) thats awesome, sorry I just started and am just now getting it to do what I want... not use to the third finger going down much ;);)

Thanks!!!

-Me ^_^

joeri
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:41 pm
Contact:

Post by joeri » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:11 pm

You can find good help on how blender works on a user forum.
There is a great list here:
http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Websites.7.0.html

blender.org is intended as a developers forum with debates on blender development.

Caronte
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 12:53 am
Location: Valencia-Spain-Europe

Post by Caronte » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:15 pm

Ezekiel7 wrote:thats exactly what I was looking for! THANKs ^_^ ...well I guess I wont apologize so much ;);) thats awesome, sorry I just started and am just now getting it to do what I want... not use to the third finger going down much ;);)

Thanks!!!

-Me ^_^
And... you can use mmb after "G" to move the camera forward/backward ;)
Caronte.
"Some Day, All Will Be Digital"
http://www.nicodigital.com

Ezekiel7
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:08 am

Post by Ezekiel7 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:16 pm

oooooooooAHHHHHH!

joeri
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:41 pm
Contact:

Post by joeri » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:15 pm

Crazy little blender secrets...

mzungu
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:40 pm

Post by mzungu » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:07 pm

joeri wrote:You can find good help on how blender works on a user forum.
There is a great list here:
http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Websites.7.0.html

blender.org is intended as a developers forum with debates on blender development.
I know this isn't the thread for this, but: question for the moderators/admins of this forum: Shouldn't there be a big bold banner or title on the main blender.org forum index page stating this fact? Maybe links could be provided to some of the more popular, elYsiun in particular? Seems this kind of comment/reply is all too common here...

SamAdam
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:28 pm
Contact:

Post by SamAdam » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:04 pm

mzungu wrote:
joeri wrote:You can find good help on how blender works on a user forum.
There is a great list here:
http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Websites.7.0.html

blender.org is intended as a developers forum with debates on blender development.
I know this isn't the thread for this, but: question for the moderators/admins of this forum: Shouldn't there be a big bold banner or title on the main blender.org forum index page stating this fact? Maybe links could be provided to some of the more popular, elYsiun in particular? Seems this kind of comment/reply is all too common here...
just wait, the new elysiun will be better integrated and even better named (blenderartists.org)

joeri
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:41 pm
Contact:

Post by joeri » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:56 pm

mzungu wrote:
joeri wrote:You can find good help on how blender works on a user forum.
There is a great list here:
http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Websites.7.0.html

blender.org is intended as a developers forum with debates on blender development.
I know this isn't the thread for this, but: question for the moderators/admins of this forum: Shouldn't there be a big bold banner or title on the main blender.org forum index page stating this fact? Maybe links could be provided to some of the more popular, elYsiun in particular? Seems this kind of comment/reply is all too common here...
There is an other forum (foundation and websites) to ask website questions. A little "search" will give you the answer to this question.

Post Reply