2.37 removed feature?

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

hello

2.37 removed feature?

Post by hello »

Hi, I've been using the testing build for blender 2.37. I am having an issue with the middle-mouse click axis appearances. I think they are a good addition (and they are great for moving and scaling objects), but I really liked the old method when you would start rotating something and MMB. It's sorta liked this feature was removed.

The old way let you rotate an object in the same way that you would orbit the view with MMB: not restriced to one axis. The new way restricts rotating to one axis when you use the MMB. I was wondering if there is a way to reproduce the old behavior as I think it is very useful for certain things.

If anyone could at least make a hotkey that would do it if you think the new way should be left intact, that would be fine, but whenever I need that feature, I have to revert to the 2.36 version.

If there is already a way to do it in the 2.37 testing build, then that would be appreciated as well.

Another thing with the rotation. If you leave the single axis restrictions, it may be better if the axis to rotate on after a MMB was more intuitive. For some reason, if you are in front view and want to rotate on the x axis (like the pivot point is the x axis), you need to move the mouse as if you are rotating along the z axis then MMB. It doesn't make sense to rotate an object along one axis and then MMB to rotate on another.

Well, enough ranting, thanks for your time and hard work.

-efbie-

Post by -efbie- »

the trackball rotation can be done by pressing R twice.

hello

Post by hello »

Oh... :oops: thanks. That's really great!

I would still like to address the issue of the non-intuitive rotation-limiting-to-and-axis.

Thanks a bunch. I'm glad the trackball rotation is still around.