[Feature Request] Enhanced Grab Tool, Rotate Tool and Scale

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

famitsu

[Feature Request] Enhanced Grab Tool, Rotate Tool and Scale

Post by famitsu » Mon May 16, 2005 12:36 pm

I've been using Maya and when I change to use Blender, I felt a bit hard to move objects, vertices, edges and cv around perspective view. Blender's Grab tool dont have the XYZ Coordinate Handle, every move actions are done by eyes, while with Maya you can move it and snap it to other objects, cv, vertices or grid easily.
Image MOVE TOOL of MAYA

Also, the rotate tool and scale tool should have the coordinate handle to make the editting job easier and more accurate

Image Image
ROTATE TOOL of Maya

Image SCALE TOOL

sten

Post by sten » Mon May 16, 2005 12:51 pm

maybe you haven't followed the latest development, but if you wait some weeks Blender 2.37 will just have that ;)

http://blender3d.com/cms/Manipulator_Widgets.548.0.html

and if you want, you CAN actually test them already, just got to "Test build" forum here and grab a version of your system:
http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=m ... forum&f=18

cheers :D

mongrol

Post by mongrol » Mon May 16, 2005 2:28 pm

Just a quick question regarding this. I've been toying about with Tohupuu3 and I like the new transform and manipulator functions. What's the keybindings for constraining transforms to 2 axis?

I also love the shift+space patch for enlarging a window. Its now almost possible for me to work in a single window view!

slikdigit

Post by slikdigit » Mon May 16, 2005 2:38 pm

in addition to the (as yet unreleased) manipulators, I hope you are aware of middle mouse clicking during a transform to constrain to x,y,z axis?

sten

Post by sten » Mon May 16, 2005 2:39 pm

mongrol wrote:Just a quick question regarding this. I've been toying about with Tohupuu3 and I like the new transform and manipulator functions. What's the keybindings for constraining transforms to 2 axis?

I also love the shift+space patch for enlarging a window. Its now almost possible for me to work in a single window view!
I guess the old way...looking into one axis and transforming the other at same time at a 2D plane...other than that I don't even know if it is possible with current transform/widgets.

About Tuhopuu and Bf-Blender there are some differences, some code are moved or merged from Bf --> Tuhopuu, some don't...and some in Tuhopuu might never get into Bf...

:roll:

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum » Mon May 16, 2005 3:11 pm

mongrol wrote:Just a quick question regarding this. I've been toying about with Tohupuu3 and I like the new transform and manipulator functions. What's the keybindings for constraining transforms to 2 axis?

Try pressing shift in combination with X, Y, Z ;) With widgets you simply hold down shift and grab the handle.
There's no such thing as democracy. There's only the tyranny of one, and the tyranny of many.

sten

Post by sten » Mon May 16, 2005 5:05 pm

Bellorum wrote:

Try pressing shift in combination with X, Y, Z ;) With widgets you simply hold down shift and grab the handle.

wow...didn't know that...wonders of new transform, heh, even me must learn something new each day ;)

Tack! :P

joeri

Post by joeri » Tue May 17, 2005 12:38 pm

Yup, a nice doc / tuto / full report on release would be nice.
So people (like me) can also start using the new features.

Like the upcoming softbodies are a total mistery to me, yet some users seem to be wizards already.