[Feature Request] Some Simple Request

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

famitsu

[Feature Request] Some Simple Request

Post by famitsu »

[SELECT MULTIPLE CV, VERTICES WITH MOUSE DRAG SELECTION]
I also have another request for the vertices and cv selection with mouse. Normally, with Maya and 3D Max you can hold down your LMB and drag it to choose multiple vertices and cv ( I know about Box function with B). but why we dont make that function just easy eas dragging mouse.

[CHANGING THE ANGLE OF GRID WITH ALT + MMB or ALT + LMB]
And with the 3D View angle rotate. I found it abit hard to control it, normally you have to hold ALT and click LMB to rotate the view around. (with Blender is MMB). I found the MMB is not a good idea, sometimes I have to use the MMB to access to another functions and when I click on it and drag it abit, my 3d view angle are changed and that's the annoying thing. So I reckon you guy should implement this function by making them work with ALT ( I still love the numlock buttons :o )

z3r0_d

Re: [Feature Request] Some Simple Request

Post by z3r0_d »

famitsu wrote:[SELECT MULTIPLE CV, VERTICES WITH MOUSE DRAG SELECTION]
I also have another request for the vertices and cv selection with mouse. Normally, with Maya and 3D Max you can hold down your LMB and drag it to choose multiple vertices and cv ( I know about Box function with B). but why we dont make that function just easy eas dragging mouse.
I don't use maya, what is a cv? [control vert?...]

are you looking for lasoo selection?

control+lmb

famitsu wrote:[CHANGING THE ANGLE OF GRID WITH ALT + MMB or ALT + LMB]
And with the 3D View angle rotate. I found it abit hard to control it, normally you have to hold ALT and click LMB to rotate the view around. (with Blender is MMB). I found the MMB is not a good idea, sometimes I have to use the MMB to access to another functions and when I click on it and drag it abit, my 3d view angle are changed and that's the annoying thing. So I reckon you guy should implement this function by making them work with ALT ( I still love the numlock buttons :o )
you'll probably be much more comfortable with the functioning turntable view rotation in the next release

check out a build from the testing forum if you can't wait [still a couple weeks till release last I checked]

... it isn't really clear though if you are complaining about the button choices, I think it really isn't that bad [holding two mouse buttons I find awkward...]

famitsu

Post by famitsu »

For example:
I mean when I create a box, and I press TAB (edit mode), I want to choose vertices, I press B and drag the box into two vertices.
This is quite unconvinient, why we dont make it like Maya or 3D Max, just hold down LMB and drag it through 2 vertices, and those 2 vertices will be chosen. Same function with button B, but just use mouse. ( <-- Standard way )

joeri

Post by joeri »

Blender now prefers transform gestures with LMBdrag.

Why would border/box select be better?

bannerboy

Post by bannerboy »

press B twice and you will get a circle select, and you can just click and drag to select verts.

sten

Post by sten »

famitsu wrote:For example:
I mean when I create a box, and I press TAB (edit mode), I want to choose vertices, I press B and drag the box into two vertices.
This is quite unconvinient, why we dont make it like Maya or 3D Max, just hold down LMB and drag it through 2 vertices, and those 2 vertices will be chosen. Same function with button B, but just use mouse. ( <-- Standard way )
and why is it so hard to push CTRL while dragging the mouse around couple of verticies with LMB ?

I can't see how difficult it is...and then, why is Maya or the Max ways better always ?

:roll:

KDR_11k

Post by KDR_11k »

Drawing a line around the vertices is slower than drawing a diagonal over them and having all within the rectangle be selected. Speed is important with such a common process.

SamAdam

Post by SamAdam »

KDR_11k wrote:Drawing a line around the vertices is slower than drawing a diagonal over them and having all within the rectangle be selected. Speed is important with such a common process.
with my left hand on the keyboard, the B key is fast.

but i am fine either way. I personally don't use gestures, and would love easy drag selecting.

malCanDo

Post by malCanDo »

> but i am fine either way. I personally don't use gestures, and would love easy drag selecting.

Me also... it would be great to be able to toggle gestures off and replace it with something else ( eg select object ).

With the above left-click-select, and the transform widget, even OS/X-ers with one mouse button should be able to use Blender quite a bit now.

Mal