Interface

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Robin

Interface

Post by Robin » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:31 pm

I think The interface is pretty boring. Add some colour, symbols (Maybe a sphere beside the "add sphere")

sten

Post by sten » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:49 pm

the interface has customable themes, to change to what ever colour you want... :)

or code all yourself ?

intrr

Post by intrr » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:17 pm

Robin: Can't you look for something else to play with than a 3D Animation package? Thanks.

P.D.: The interface is boring, ugly and colorless because *YOU* are supposed to make the interesting, beautiful and colorful stuff.

Robin

Post by Robin » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:29 pm

How do you change theme?

Pierre-Luc_Auclair

Post by Pierre-Luc_Auclair » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:46 am

An productivy app interface SHOULD be boring, grey and without much colour. It distracts you from what you're working on and messes with the composition of what you're working on.

joeri

Post by joeri » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:39 am

I used to think icons can help explaining what function a button has.
Untill I met Maya, there are so many icons in Maya, I had to learn what the function did before even starting to understand the icon.
In blender there are buttons with and without icons. The window button for example has icons. This is done for space, an icon takes up less space than a word.
Colors in the blender buttons are used for a function.
Green buttons are displaying/changing blenders toggle variables. (OSA, shadow, Autosmooth)
Flat grey buttons change number variables. (sliders, numbers)
Yellow buttons start functions, and change the data structure. (Apply, Make, Assign)
Purple buttons are mayor settings or tab buttons.
Grey pop-up, they are new and are pretty much the same as the green ones except they pop a list.