Z key makes blender crash in render window

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Fred_Pyo

Z key makes blender crash in render window

Post by Fred_Pyo »

hi everybody,
after giving it a shot at the bug tracker section (which ended up frustrating me even more) I will post my trouble here (hope it isn't way out of place)
When you render something in Blender 2.37, and in the render window you press Z, after a few seconds of moving the image around, blender crashes.

Is that a bug? Has it been solved in the a release? or is it my system's fault?

z3r0_d

Post by z3r0_d »

as far as I've seen, you're the first to mention it

[but it does seem to have other issues on my gfx card, they don't involve crashing]

windows xp?
what graphics card/chipset?
does 16 bit color fix this?

Fred_Pyo

Post by Fred_Pyo »

Sorry for the late reply!
I tested Blender again, and now it doesn't generate that error (i think it's my video card's problem). I'm running a Windows XP machine (go figure) with a Gfx card that's integrated into the Mother Board (not the wisest move, I know). It's a SiS 651 chipset.

Anyway, thanks for the tips, I changed to 16 bit mode and oddly the problem stopped, why?
Oh, and another thing, when posting a problem in the bug tracker, under what section should I post this problem if I happen to face it again? Is there a BugFix Submission FAQ :) ?

Thanks!

z3r0_d

Post by z3r0_d »

some [cheap] graphics chipsets only support hardware acceleration in 16 bit color mode

otherwise they can be prone to bugs. I've personally seen this on several intel chipsets, but I wouldn't doubt that SiS chipsets have the same issues.

as for the bug tracker I can't be of much help, your guess is as good as mine
[at worst it will be moved though, maybe deleted but I really doubt it]