Windows no longer function please help

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

sjm96

Windows no longer function please help

Post by sjm96 »

I need some help. I have been working on a 3D animation for some time and i was using the User Preferences, 3D Viewport, and Buttons windows. I changed the User Preferences to Timeline, and for some strange reason, when I changed back to User Preferences, the picture (of the black "I") that you click to change the window was gone. I could not change what the tollbar was. The buttons window also disappered. So now all I have is the 3D viewport which functions normally and the User Preferences, which also functions normally but cannot be changed. Also, when RMB or MMB clicking the border of either of the windows, there is no context menu. I cannot create any more windows. So i am stuck with only two windows and can only change the contents of one of them and cannot resize or move either of them nor create more. Someone please help. How do I create more windows or change the User Preferences bar. How do I regain control of the windows? I cannot continue with the project until they work again.

sjm96

*Forgot to Mention*

Post by sjm96 »

I thought it might be helpful to include that all the toolbars and windows work fine in all the other projects. It seems that this individual .blend file is causing the trouble.

levon

Post by levon »

try pressing the home key all the buttons might be out ove view.

stratacator

Post by stratacator »

Try hitting Ctrl-UpArraow.

sjm96

thnx

Post by sjm96 »

Thnx alot. Ctrl + Up Arrow worked perfect.

joeri

Post by joeri »

Another solution, if something is realy wrong, is to import all object data out of the file with load lib append into a new file (shift F1). :)