x,y,z arrows

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

dummy

x,y,z arrows

Post by dummy »

Hi, I'm working for the first Time with Blender. I use normally gmax. I miss a lot of Tools. For example, where are the xyz arrows? I want to move some Vertices in a definite directin.

Delta

Post by Delta »

here's how:

1) select your vertice(s): , click and drag

2) press [g] to start to move the verts.

3) press [x],[y], or [z] to move in that respective direction

i hope this helps

btw, this is the developer's forum. you would probably get faster answers to your questions in the user forums, particularly elYsiun

Regards,
~Delta

dummy

Post by dummy »

thanx a lot, i will try it out. : )

zupermonkey

Post by zupermonkey »

And you can press Ctrl+SPACE in one of the 3D views to get those 'xyz arrows'.

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum »

zupermonkey wrote:And you can press Ctrl+SPACE in one of the 3D views to get those 'xyz arrows'.
Shouldn't they be on by default from the last release?
There's no such thing as democracy. There's only the tyranny of one, and the tyranny of many.

-efbie-

Post by -efbie- »

you can also use the middle mouse button to choose your axis. Shift to select the opposite plane. You should read the online doc :
http://download.blender.org/documentation/htmlI/
and the release notes, there are some good explainations :
http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Blender_2_37a.496.0.html

Kansalliskala

Post by Kansalliskala »

zupermonkey wrote:And you can press Ctrl+SPACE in one of the 3D views to get those 'xyz arrows'.
I moved to 2.36 and have no more green, red and blue arrows to move objects and vertices and everything else. Pretty boring every time gxx gy etc .. :x

If I press Ctr and Space just get the menu. Using Debian Sarge.

Kansalliskala

Post by Kansalliskala »

OK .. this is strange, release notes:
http://www.blender3d.org/cms/3D_Transfo ... 574.0.html
New tools but really I lost the arrows completely .. :shock:

Also there is no 'Active object' -pivot point selection, just the four old ones . ??

joeri

Post by joeri »

Kansalliskala wrote:
I moved to 2.36 and have no more green, red and blue arrows to move objects and vertices and everything else. Pretty boring every time gxx gy etc .. :x

If I press Ctr and Space just get the menu. Using Debian Sarge.
What do you mean moved to 2.36? Move to 2.42 and all will be fine.
Ctrl+SPACE works fine here, so does the little "hand" icon in the 3d view header.

Any more user questions are best asked at a user forum.
http://blenderartists.org/forum/ for example.

Kansalliskala

Post by Kansalliskala »

I had a Fedora machine with - don't remember anymore what version of Blednder but the system was so unstable with this hardware so I started using Debian Sarge. I got this blender version from 'apt-get install blender'. Don't know if the 2.42 version works with the 2.4 kernel and libraries I'm using now and don't want to mess this thing very easily.

Do you know if it is possible to fix the program? It appears to work nicely otherwise. Also have a small zenwalk machine, could try it?

kAinStein

Post by kAinStein »

Kansalliskala wrote:I had a Fedora machine with - don't remember anymore what version of Blednder but the system was so unstable with this hardware so I started using Debian Sarge. I got this blender version from 'apt-get install blender'. Don't know if the 2.42 version works with the 2.4 kernel and libraries I'm using now and don't want to mess this thing very easily.
Should work - at least did here. Just get the appropriate binary package from the download page and untar it in your home (or somewhere else if you're not the only user).
Do you know if it is possible to fix the program?

What do you mean with fix? That feature isn't there! Get a recent version. That's all that is there to do.

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip »

just use what ever your package manager is to find the 2.42a version appropriate for your OS.

see this page to find the package appropriate for you

http://linuxappfinder.com/package/blender

LetterRip

Kansalliskala

Post by Kansalliskala »

kAinStein wrote:What do you mean with fix? That feature isn't there! Get a recent version. That's all that is there to do.
I think I have already been using some version like 2.37 .. ? Why is there so old version availablle there .. :oops: have to check my debian configuration.