Feature Request: SURROUND SOUND

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

bmud

Feature Request: SURROUND SOUND

Post by bmud » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:52 am

OK, so... audio has never been a pinnacle section of development for Blender. I'm really hoping that this can change. My idea is very simple. As I'm sure you are all aware, sounds can be assigned to objects in blender so that they are actually being emitted as "3D Sounds" while running in the game engine. I'm sad to say that I was expecting blender, since it has the feature 95% present already, to render those sounds to an audio track when you render an animation. I think that is well over 75% of my request. So, since this more 'basic' feature is not included yet, I think its incredibly important that the feature be added with the fact in mind that most 3D programs don't allow for much high-end sound work, so adding the ability to render 3D sound would turn blender into an amazingly powerful 3D sound studio as well as a 3D graphics suite. Furthermore, we can design the sound rendering system with the option of porting to multichannel speaker layouts in mind -- be they 5.1 surround or THX itself.

Let me know what you think... Would this be immensely useful, or does blender draw a line at graphics rendering only?

bmud

Post by bmud » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:42 am

BUMP

advs89

umm...

Post by advs89 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:53 am

How about we push for audio period... Once we get that, then we can start asking for surround. Sure, you can sync your video to audio, but right now, blender doesn't support doing anything with the audio itself (i.e. Encoding and muxing into the animation - or whatever its called, my lack of a/v knowledge is rather sad)