the wish list of the advanced user

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

kobyl

the wish list of the advanced user

Post by kobyl » Fri Jan 03, 2003 11:29 pm

1) Radiosity engine that does not destroy the UV mapping and textures. So that we can build nice prelighted architectural scenes.

2) UV unwrapping. So that we can easyly paint the textures.

3) texture baking to turn procedural textures into UV mapped textured (or so called realtime textures) for games and architectural walkthough, and perhaps mainly for fast developpement of animation (not for the rendering but for a nice preview of the animation (especially when coupled with radiosity)). (I know of course the loss of quality of the textures when coming closer to the face holding it etc ..).

4) laws of physic logic of blendergame applied to classic animation (in a déterministic way of course).

5) laws of physics for softbodies (for example: curtains in the wind, smooth cloths).

6) multitexturing, so that light maps can be used instead of vertex colors, avoiding the split of every polygon in small faces (coupled with radiosity).

Of course all this stuff may be years of development, but I wonder who else is looking forward for such features.

jeotero

Post by jeotero » Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:22 am

BgDM

Post by BgDM » Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:49 pm

For the UV unwrapping, get the latest Tuhopuu build with bjornmousse's (<SP?), UV tools implimented. Great features in that build.

I agree with the baking option. Would be a great addition to the texturing tools.

I would also like to see fall off gradients implemented for better specular highlight control.

BgDM
Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol.

dandeloreon1984

Post by dandeloreon1984 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:18 am

I am also interested in texture baking... here is what i have to say....

http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=m ... pic&t=3154