Post by rcas » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:41 pm

Here is a "minor" feature request list:
- Muscle Object
- Ability to use N particle effects from one mesh
- Groups added to particle effects
- Vertex paint for each vertex group
- Built-in particle guides for static particles

Muscle Object
- Addition of an Object (or add to armature in some way) that can deform a mesh much like softbodies, but that can be seen in realtime and be able to interact with bones and vertex groups.

Ability to use N particle effects from one mesh
- Current particle panel (possibly code) only allows for one particle effect. Since we now have vertex group selection for a specific mesh it would be great to have N particle effects for any given mesh. As an example, have a mesh and set two static particle effects to it, one for the beard, the other for the hair, each with its own settings.

Groups added to particle effects
- Perhaps this doesn't make sense, but here is the idea. I want to control my static particle effect (long hair) with a given particle guide and don't want this guide to affect my other static particle effect (beard). It is hard to control this effect.
- The other option is to give particle guide a field that specifies the vertex-group to use, but I don't think this makes sense.

Vertex paint for each vertex group
- This one I also dunno if it makes sense or if it is not working like this already and I am missing something. From what I could figure out, vertex paint work for the whole, meaning I only paint in all vertex. I was suggesting having this at the vertex group level and always have a default vertex group, meaning it would always have to exist a vertex group.
This would give more control when using multiple particle effects for a given mesh given that each effect is using its own vertex group.

Built-in particle guides for static particles
- Right now when I create static particles for hair, if I want to control it I have to create and manipulate a set of created guides (curves). This is painfully hard if you want to do decent long hair and doesn't always work as expected. I was hoping particle guides could be created at a "edit" level for particles, like a percentage of particles for each guide. Much like the new Hair system for Cinema 4D, but using a more Blendish philosophy.

These are my requests, hope any is accomplished, it would be really good to have it in Blender.

-- Rui --
Last edited by rcas on Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
How to use a Blender:
Put your model, rig, animation and textures in the Blender, turn the Blender on and wait for it to Render, then turn the Blender off and show it to your friends.

rcas

Post by rcas » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:57 pm

hehe, was meant to write 2.41 and wrote 2.40
How to use a Blender:
Put your model, rig, animation and textures in the Blender, turn the Blender on and wait for it to Render, then turn the Blender off and show it to your friends.

Mohij

good

Post by Mohij » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:34 am

I like the ideas. :P
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue. Proverbs 17,28

poutsa

Post by poutsa » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:47 am

GREAT IDEAS!!! :lol: :wink:

Vassilios Boucer